Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Craig Cole from Road Show talks about why the Mustang Mach-E is a brilliant way to cash in on the Mustang name for EVs.

Love it or hate it, this battery-powered, Mustang-inspired SUV is a shrew bit of work on Ford’s part, one that proves non-Tesla electric vehicles can be cool. The Mach-E paves the way forward to cleaner, greener and even more powerful Mustangs.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Great points but did Ford really have a choice? It would have been a massive missed opportunity and they're just following a long proven method.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,128 Posts
Great points but did Ford really have a choice? It would have been a massive missed opportunity and they're just following a long proven method.
Sure. They could have made something far less exciting and fit in with most of Ford's lineup. I actually thought an all-electric Escape was in the works as Ford had made that announcement a while back. It would have been a capable entry into the BEV market.

What they did took some guts and we are all hoping their gamble pays off. I'm hoping the hype from the Ford talking heads isn't hype. I want the Mach E to feel like a Mustang.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Sure. They could have made something far less exciting and fit in with most of Ford's lineup. I actually thought an all-electric Escape was in the works as Ford had made that announcement a while back. It would have been a capable entry into the BEV market.

What they did took some guts and we are all hoping their gamble pays off. I'm hoping the hype from the Ford talking heads isn't hype. I want the Mach E to feel like a Mustang.
Amid a dying sedan market (Ford finally exited) and the rise of sporty SUV segments they really couldn't have gone any other way. Its what premium automakers had success with and what more affordable brands are slowly starting on.

Also there's the massive shift in demographics (10-15 years ago a Mustang SUV idea would get shot down easily) and the simple marketing of familiarity which the "Mustang" name brings... it needs no explanation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts