Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never knew about this useful "A Better Route Planner" until I saw this video, produced by two Tesla owners. The service already has the Mach-E loaded into the system, so we can plan actual Mach-E routes now. I've already played around with the system after selecting a Mach-E.

You use this tool to plan where you are going to charge and how much it will cost to take a Mach-E on a road trip. In addition to the web interface, there is also an app in the Apple and Google Play stores.

One criticism I have is that the video does not account for the fact that Mach-E will have discounted charging at Electrify America stations, which would have decreased some of the cost.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I never knew about this useful "A Better Route Planner" until I saw this video, produced by two Tesla owners. The service already has the Mach-E loaded into the system, so we can plan actual Mach-E routes now. I've already played around with the system after selecting a Mach-E.

You use this tool to plan where you are going to charge and how much it will cost to take a Mach-E on a road trip. In addition to the web interface, there is also an app in the Apple and Google Play stores.

One criticism I have is that the video does not account for the fact that Mach-E will have discounted charging at Electrify America stations, which would have decreased some of the cost.
The presenters misrepresent a couple of things: first, the Mach E WILL have route planning with charging locations/cost in their maps, and two, ford unifies pay plans for diverse networks under its app. No need to use other apps.

Another thing, no matter which mach e I selected, the results were the same. I don’t think the website has its data modeling correct for the mach E yet.

That said, I believe no one should compare the Mach E with production cars until, well, the Mach E is in production.

the better route planner site itself looks like a promising tool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts