Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an MME photo with roof rail/cross bar combinations? For day trips to the mountain I would like to add a cargo box for the skis. It'd be really nice if I could add a low profile cargo box and still be able to get it past the garage door.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,019 Posts
I'm sure Thule and Yakima will release feet to attach their roof rack systems to the Mach E.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure Thule and Yakima will release feet to attach their roof rack systems to the Mach E.
I've not seen anything that would indicate mounting points. Really would prefer not to go the door jamb route.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've not seen anything that would indicate mounting points. Really would prefer not to go the door jamb route.

I think door jam route will be your only option.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think door jam route will be your only option.
Unfortunate if that's the case. Model Y has mounting points although the crossbars are a bit steep at $450.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Unfortunate if that's the case. Model Y has mounting points although the crossbars are a bit steep at $450.

I've been using the same Thule rack with different feet to attach at door jams for almost 30 years, including our Prius (never have bought the feet for the Leaf).

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
213 Posts
This is a possible solution without messing with the door jambs - it would make me nervous it would come detached, but apparently they work well on Teslas with glass roofs too. Best Selling Racks

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
This is a possible solution without messing with the door jambs - it would make me nervous it would come detached, but apparently they work well on Teslas with glass roofs too. Best Selling Racks
The Tesla model Y has hidden mount points in the run-off tracks. I don’t know if the Mach-e does. :/

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been using the same Thule rack with different feet to attach at door jams for almost 30 years, including our Prius (never have bought the feet for the Leaf).
Did that for a while on my older cars. I prefer and will gladly pay extra for a cleaner looking cross bars that bolt directly onto Ford engineered factory mounting points. Same with mudflaps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts