Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a Thule rack that I have had for 25 years and 4 different cars. So, I have accumulated three different fit kits. I tried this on my MME and lo and behold it fits perfectly with one or a mix of the fit kits. I can send you the number of the fit kits I used if you like. I'm sure you can still buy these NOS or at least used on eBay. I saved myself a ton of money, Thules ain't cheap!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Thule rack that I have had for 25 years and 4 different cars. So, I have accumulated three different fit kits. I tried this on my MME and lo and behold it fits perfectly with one or a mix of the fit kits. I can send you the number of the fit kits I used if you like. I'm sure you can still buy these NOS or at least used on eBay. I saved myself a ton of money, Thules ain't cheap!
I’d love to hear about it thank you. Can you post it here? I’m sure others would love to hear it

·
Registered
4 Posts

Update: I connected with “Rack Attack” here in Canada who indicated the above parts will work with the Mach E and I hope to have them installed by the end of the week. I’ll update with pictures when installed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’d love to hear about it thank you. Can you post it here? I’m sure others would love to hear it
Ok, here are the specifics as best as I can determine. I have an old Series 400 square bar. I have accumulated 3 for kits over the years 2131, 2193 and I don't remember the number of the third. But, I have all the individual part numbers. First, you need the longest square bars 53", this will fit all 400 series towers, xt etc.. the foot pads that seems to work best for me of the the options I had is the #110 foot pad, other may fit as well ... trial and error. The most critical pieces are the clamp arms, the ones that fit for me are the 508X. Those came in the 2131 fit kit. I don't remember which kit had the 110 foot pads, but that is less critical. So, if Thule's high prices tick you off as it does me or you have to replace a perfectly good rack just because they don't make any current fit kits, or you have a 400 rack, you may want to research on the web for these parts. I found many of them available on neloscycles.com. eBay also had some. For those who would rather not bother, Thule is now making a current model to fit the MME, approx $700. Of course you are on your own, I'm not guaranteeing any fit as I'm sure Thule won't guarantee anything but their listed fit specs. Good luck and let me know how you make out or what your ultimate solution is.

·
Registered
"Shadowfax" 2021 Star White Select AWD
132 Posts
That was me, I use foam pads on the roof. View attachment 6732
Hey Jim D! I have a Stellar SR (first gen, yours looks like second gen) too! I also just added an SEI to my collection. And I'm on here trying to figure out how to put them on my MME. I have the goodboy V-Bars which are amazing, but they need cross bars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Only option at the moment is from Thule.
I am also from Canada (Québec) and currently looking at the thule cargo boxes. I was wondering if you got a chance to look at them and if you did what size you thing fits best. I have just ordered the Mach-e, so I didn't have a change to measure the racks to find the best fit

thank man

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am also from Canada (Québec) and currently looking at the thule cargo boxes. I was wondering if you got a chance to look at them and if you did what size you thing fits best. I have just ordered the Mach-e, so I didn't have a change to measure the racks to find the best fit

thank man

I only looked over the racks, I am ordering the racks for my kayak.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts