Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered in Aug ‘19 & looks like I won’t get my Mach-e until April. Also doubting the color I chose which was Space white & seeing more photos available I’m leaning toward Star white. Dealership said its too late to change. I’m considering waiting for the 2022. I feel a current year new car should be enjoyed all year not half. Hoping production for the 22’s won’t be such a shitshow. Anyone else having these thoughts?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ordered in Aug ‘19 & looks like I won’t get my Mach-e until April. Also doubting the color I chose which was Space white & seeing more photos available I’m leaning toward Star white. Dealership said its too late to change. I’m considering waiting for the 2022. I feel a current year new car should be enjoyed all year not half. Hoping production for the 22’s won’t be such a shitshow. Anyone else having these thoughts?
No

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can’t imagine waiting this long and then not having my car at the end of it. It’s annoying that it’s been a year since I reserved and I have never actually seen the vehicle in person, but I’ve come to far now to back out. It’s probably a pride thing 😂

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,105 Posts
No second thoughts although this has been (still is) the longest (one year) that I have waited for something that I was purchasing. While I have a build week of 21 Feb., I can't help but wonder if Ford should be calling the GTs 2021s given that they are scheduled to be produced/delivered? in "late summer" July/August? and September has been the traditional release of a new model year.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Anyone else having these thoughts?
Yes but nothing against Ford just that some compelling EVs are coming out in 2021.

EV's are like buying PC's in the 80's, every day a faster, higher, stronger EV comes out so gotta pick your shot and suffer for 2-3 years depending on your new car timeline.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,775 Posts
Yes but nothing against Ford just that some compelling EVs are coming out in 2021.

EV's are like buying PC's in the 80's, every day a faster, higher, stronger EV comes out so gotta pick your shot and suffer for 2-3 years depending on your new car timeline.
I know I am beating a dead horse: but if this is the way you feel, and I agree with you, it only makes sense to lease for three years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can’t imagine waiting this long and then not having my car at the end of it. It’s annoying that it’s been a year since I reserved and I have never actually seen the vehicle in person, but I’ve come to far now to back out. It’s probably a pride thing 😂
I feel that! I know the day I see one on the road I’m gonna be upset ha but with being unsure on the color I don’t want to look at my car everyday and wish it were something else.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know I am beating a dead horse: but if this is the way you feel, and I agree with you, it only makes sense to lease for three years.
My point was that with current EV's "the next big thing" is next month so it makes $50k EV's an instant obsolescence buy and applies to all EV's not just Ford. Leasing is still not a good deal for me due to miles and likely true for others. It's an issue as it affects resale value to trade up in 2-3 years.

If the Model 3 didn't have issues, I'd be fine with it for five years vs. changing in two years so Ford, VW or Nissan purchased in 2021 should be good for five years.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I too have ordered a space white and not sure about the color either. What I know is that it is more reflective, so in most pictures it reflects a blue tint from the sky. I think it is going to be an interesting color but I don't think I will take home the car if it is not to my liking. To me the star white is having too much contrast with the blacks in the car. The bright side about my car being delivered in spring is that I can go out more and enjoy it better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered but cancelled. I concluded I did not want to be an early adopter at these prices with so much competition on the horizon. Battery tech is improving very fast so lighter, longer range and cheaper EVs will follow. Of course it was easier for me than some others because I don't need a new car and can easily wait a couple of years. If I do that it will likely be my last new car.
Having said this I still like the MME over the current competition in terms of looks and engineering.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I ordered but cancelled. I concluded I did not want to be an early adopter at these prices with so much competition on the horizon. Battery tech is improving very fast so lighter, longer range and cheaper EVs will follow. Of course it was easier for me than some others because I don't need a new car and can easily wait a couple of years. If I do that it will likely be my last new car.
Congratulations!
I honestly think the best approach to buying anything, including a car, is the discipline to walk from the deal at any time one doesn't feel comfortable. If Ford's recent issues and the non-transparent behavior has made you uncomfortable, why not walk?
We are holding our place in line as presently, we like the MME best out of all the similarly priced and featured BEVs. Now this could change come February with the Ioniq 5 reveal. From what I've seen so far... Hyundai could come out of nowhere to be in the mix.
This is not a race... it's more like a golf match where Ford may be ahead but a string of double bogies may push them to the back of the pack. I say this as a Ford investor.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Having said this I still like the MME over the current competition in terms of looks and engineering.
Hybrids are always a great choice. Have you considered getting one?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any other vehicles on your radar currently or in the near future if not the Mach-E?
I am on a waiting list for a Golf R but will probably not get it. I think I will just bide my time. My CX5 is 8 years old and looks new, even the leather smells new, 24K miles so I don't stray far from home.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I am on a waiting list for a Golf R but will probably not get it. I think I will just bide my time. My CX5 is 8 years old and looks new, even the leather smells new, 24K miles so I don't stray far from home.
Serious request: Someone please explain to me the Hot Hatch thing.

I get the Subaru bit but to spend crazy sums for a FWD performance car, then still more to mod it... wouldn't say... a BMW 2 series be a better option? One can't drift in a Golf or a Civic.

What am I missing here? I realize there's a HUGE enthusiast community out there so I'm the oddball.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was also eyeing the Mach E ER RWD for some time and even got a quote for financial renting and insurance. All set to go. That was mid December. Then the delay saga started. I got an invitation to view the car (not ride)... which would happen during special "viewing days" end of January. Yes! A full 3 days during which my dealer had access to a real Mach E! Then there was the news of the delays. In the meantime, I've test driven a Polestar 2, a Kia e-Niro and a Volkswagen ID.3.

As for the option of going to a PHEV, well, I've done the calculation. A car with the same fit&finish and a decent electric range (e.g. Mercedes A250e) goes for almost the same money, but will cost more to drive. I also expect the tax advantages for hybrids to be phased out while I have the car, whereas those for purely electric cars will last longer. So going electric trades range for cash from the government. That's the situation here in Belgium and it will be different in other countries.

The Polestar 2 is not a bad car, some advantages, some disadvantages, but the order module on the website predicts April delivery. That's many month faster than Mercedes or Ford and it's a big factor in the decision.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Battery tech is improving very fast so lighter, longer range and cheaper EVs will follow. Of course it was easier for me than some others because I don't need a new car and can easily wait a couple of years.
The emissions (the reason we have EV's) won't wait. I decided zero emissions from me by 2020 so I got the Model 3 in mid-2019. Has to be zero emissions from here on out. We have to have all zero emissions cars by 2035. Solar house, 2015. EV 2020. Electric boat 2025. But that's just my motives and situation.

For median income ($36k per year) income in US, a $13k car is most one should spend. Of course most of us overspend on cars but using the generous budget for a car, the $56k AWD LR would need an $160k income. Average new car price is $35k ($100k in income at 35% for car) which shows the financial discrepancy.

A high mpg car, hybrid or PHEV will cut the emissions up to 70% so that is a viable economic and environment choice depending on income and ability to withstand the higher depreciation.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I was also eyeing the Mach E ER RWD for some time and even got a quote for financial renting and insurance. All set to go. That was mid December. Then the delay saga started. I got an invitation to view the car (not ride)... which would happen during special "viewing days" end of January. Yes! A full 3 days during which my dealer had access to a real Mach E! Then there was the news of the delays. In the meantime, I've test driven a Polestar 2, a Kia e-Niro and a Volkswagen ID.3.

As for the option of going to a PHEV, well, I've done the calculation. A car with the same fit&finish and a decent electric range (e.g. Mercedes A250e) goes for almost the same money, but will cost more to drive. I also expect the tax advantages for hybrids to be phased out while I have the car, whereas those for purely electric cars will last longer. So going electric trades range for cash from the government. That's the situation here in Belgium and it will be different in other countries.

The Polestar 2 is not a bad car, some advantages, some disadvantages, but the order module on the website predicts April delivery. That's many month faster than Mercedes or Ford and it's a big factor in the decision.
I would also keep an eye out for the Hyundai Ioniq 5. First edition reservations opened in Austria and immediately sold out. Not sure when it's available in Germany. This is the first BEV car/platform that Albert Biermann has had a hand in. That German knows a thing or two about building exciting cars :). From what I've been able to gather so far, out of all the 2021 generation of BEVs, The Ioniq 5 has the potential to be the biggest disruptive game changer: Bidirectional charging, 800V fast charge like the Taycan (obviously it's no Porsche but it'll have this feature at 1/3 of the price), unique motor winding/cooling technology... the Feb reveal is going to be very interesting. Based on the E-GMP platform, I would not at all be surprised if Apple did choose Hyundai/Kia as their BEV partner (just rumors at this point).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts