1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
627 Posts
It might be for another Ford & Ken Block partnership.

This video posted back in November hinted a project could be in the works.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
75 Posts
Drift mode on it's way! Like in the focus rs!

·
Registered
30 Posts

This video from InsideEvs talks quite a bit about this "spy" video in their podcast. They have inside information (it was filmed at the track they own in North Carolina). In summary: It is not actually a "secretly filmed spy video"; it was completely staged as such for, apparently, a marketing ploy. The car itself is real though. Because of non-disclosure agreements, they can't say exactly what it is, but hinted heavily it is a ford vehicle and either produced directly by Ford, or through a partnership. My guess is that @machstang is correct; it is a racing partnership with Ken Block to make a racing car version of the Mustang Mach-E.

·
Registered
627 Posts

This video from InsideEvs talks quite a bit about this "spy" video in their podcast. They have inside information (it was filmed at the track they own in North Carolina). In summary: It is not actually a "secretly filmed spy video"; it was completely staged as such for, apparently, a marketing ploy. The car itself is real though. Because of non-disclosure agreements, they can't say exactly what it is, but hinted heavily it is a ford vehicle and either produced directly by Ford, or through a partnership. My guess is that @machstang is correct; it is a racing partnership with Ken Block to make a racing car version of the Mustang Mach-E.
The stunt driving style gave it away, Ken Block is one of the very few that pulls those moves.

·
Super Moderator
1,220 Posts
That video is clearly intentionally bad. My inner skeptic says it is one of the employees trying to make it look like kids sneaking in to watch like a scene from Porky's or something.
Yeah, it looks staged. But the car is still awesome!

·
Registered
589 Posts

If that's true I can't wait to see all the Hoonigan videos they do with it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
That video is clearly intentionally bad. My inner skeptic says it is one of the employees trying to make it look like kids sneaking in to watch like a scene from Porky's or something.
Yeah the more I look at it the more it looks too good to be true.

·
Super Moderator
1,220 Posts
So, on July 21, we will get to see what this Modified GT Performance will do.

My guess is that the motors and battery, maybe even suspension, will be GT stock. but the roll-cage and cooling is what was modified. In an effort to ‘demonstrate’ the power of the GT Performance version.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
So, on July 21, we will get to see what this Modified GT Performance will do.

My guess is that the motors and battery, maybe even suspension, will be GT stock. but the roll-cage and cooling is what was modified. In an effort to ‘demonstrate’ the power of the GT Performance version.
I would like to see it perform with the MagneRide suspension. I've driven some really cool performance cars and the GM/Delphi suspension is incredible and Ferrari apparently agrees since they adopted it . The Caddy CTS V 6.2 liter, station wagons handled like sports cars and the 6.2 liter Sedan/Saloon model did the Nurnberg Ring in 7:58 minutes.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,005 Posts
Ford Performance and Ken Block have an Electrified Mustang surprise for 7/21

1 - 20 of 34 Posts