Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't recall seeing or reading a discussion about this. Will the max charge level be able to be set. For example, I want it to stop charging or hold the charge at 90% while plugged in and not max out.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
990 Posts
So far we haven't seen that option in the screens demonstrated. Start and stop times, yes. Start and stop charge levels, no.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I believe I read that the charging rate and timing (time of day charging) can be set on the SYNC-4 or Smartphone app. I know several chargers on the market have wi-fi connectivity and are programmable.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I believe I read that the charging rate and timing (time of day charging) can be set on the SYNC-4 or Smartphone app. I know several chargers on the market have wi-fi connectivity and are programmable.
Charging rate would be a DC Fast Charge (Level 3) issue. That's been a question for a while whether it is controllable. That would be great to keep the cost down in variable cost charging scenarios like at EA stations.

We've seen a screen that clearly shows time can be controlled:

What we haven't seen is any indication you can base charging on battery level, such as "stop at 80%" or "stop at 200 miles range". It may be there, but if so we haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Agreed but I also wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. We've commented elsewhere about how much coding this car requires. My Nissan Leaf has controls for time of start or stop and even has one for "be fully charged by XX:00" but nothing regarding level that I've found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts