Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Mach-E since February, and have always kept the car and app software up-to-date, but I'm still unable to set charge limits, so I end up charging to 100% ever time.

When I go to Vehicle->Charging->Charge Settings in the app, "Manual" is selected. Going to "Setup Preferred Charge Times" and clicking "Bgin Setup", I get two lists, saved locations and previous locations. Both lists are empty, and I can't find any way to add a location, even though I obviously charged the car in the past.

Can anyone help me find a way to add a location so I can configure it?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I've had my Mach-E since February, and have always kept the car and app software up-to-date, but I'm still unable to set charge limits, so I end up charging to 100% ever time.

When I go to Vehicle->Charging->Charge Settings in the app, "Manual" is selected. Going to "Setup Preferred Charge Times" and clicking "Bgin Setup", I get two lists, saved locations and previous locations. Both lists are empty, and I can't find any way to add a location, even though I obviously charged the car in the past.

You're doing what your supposed to do. For some reason your vehicle is not recognizing a location you charge from to enable you to make it a saved location. It's been so long since I set it up, only thing I can think, is try to check "use preferred settings" before going to "Saved" "previous" locations. I'm not sure that makes a difference. Also, do you have location enabled on your phone for this app? I don't know what the fix for that is.

Have you tried setting it up using your sync 4 screen?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the same issue. I did manage to set the charge level in the MME though, to 90%. However the Fordass app still does not show my home charge location, which for the time being, is the only one I have.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have the same issue. I did manage to set the charge level in the MME though, to 90%. However the Fordass app still does not show my home charge location, which for the time being, is the only one I have.
have you been able to set it up using the sync 4 screen?

·
Registered
5 Posts

The only way I was ever able to limit the charge to 90% was via the the settings screen in the car itself.
I have generally been very disappointed with Fordpass and only bother with it to select a public charger when I away from home.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like Jim, I can change it from the car, not the app.
Followup question: Is there a quick and easy way to temporarily override the charge settings when I do want to charge to 100%?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Followup question: Is there a quick and easy way to temporarily override the charge settings when I do want to charge to 100%?
On my FP app when I am charging, I believe I click on details and there is a button to click that says “Charge to 100%” to bypass the normal charge setting. I normally charge to 85% with a Juice Box and have not tried the 100% button yet. I think the option button only appears when you have an active charge session.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had similar problems.
First, as noted, you can set up charge limits in the car with SYNC, that is the only way I have been able to do that, but that is fairly straight forward.
As to the charge to 100%. or charge NOW, any time I try that with Ford Pass I get a message "Ford Pass is not responding now, please try later". I have again always had to go back into the car to achieve either of those 2 tasks.
Ford Pass is in need of some fundamental upgrades.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
with the fordpass app, it's easy, when plugged in, you'll have a "charge to 100%" option at the bottom, not sure about on the sync 4 screen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
with the fordpass app, it's easy, when plugged in, you'll have a "charge to 100%" option at the bottom, not sure about on the sync 4 screen.
Hi All,

I had trouble with the Ford app... but it's working for me. Do this...
1)click on vehicle
2) open charging... you will see 3 icons... click on "charge settings"
3)click on > to the right of setup preferred charge times
4) you now see saved locations ( should be your home address)
5) click on the > (beside address)
6) you will now see a sliding scale of % of charging times
7) Thank you
8) You're welcome

Best, RWJ1414

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi All,

I had trouble with the Ford app... but it's working for me. Do this...
1)click on vehicle
2) open charging... you will see 3 icons... click on "charge settings"
3)click on > to the right of setup preferred charge times
4) you now see saved locations ( should be your home address)
5) click on the > (beside address)
6) you will now see a sliding scale of % of charging times
7) Thank you
8) You're welcome

Best, RWJ1414
I think the issue some people have experienced on ford pass tho, even tho they've charged from a location, it's not showing up in "previous location" which would then enable them to save that location and then be able to configure charging protocols for that location.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Chris is exactly right. My app never registers my home charging location.
I try with RWJ1414 suggests, but in my Fordass, there is no "charging" to open up.

My question, and I think many on here share it, is

HOW DO YOU GET FORDASS TO REGISTER YOUR HOME CHARGING LOCATION.

It is a dumb app.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Chris is exactly right. My app never registers my home charging location.
I try with RWJ1414 suggests, but in my Fordass, there is no "charging" to open up.

My question, and I think many on here share it, is

HOW DO YOU GET FORDASS TO REGISTER YOUR HOME CHARGING LOCATION.

It is a dumb app.
it was odd, the first time I charged from home, it didn't save it as a previous location, the second time it did so I never experienced the issue of not being able to save a location that many have experienced. Have you contacted anyone at ford? Here's a list of contacts, I'd suggest try Elena Ford she's listed in there and has helped a number of people with issues. Ford - Elliott Advocacy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts