Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the 120V AC charger provided by Ford to charge my MME (Premium, Extended Range, AWD) at night. (I am taking my time getting a 240V charger installed.) I have been trying to set the car/charger to charge only during nonpeak-rate hours (I have a TOU plan with PGE), however, the car is charging during peak hours, evidently, so it completes the charge before my "departure time". Here's the thing: I work from home and have no set time when I have to leave my house and most days I am perfectly okay with the possibility that the car may not be at my designated max. charging level (90%) when I leave the house.

I have checked both the settings in the Ford Pass app and on the car's system, but as best I can tell, I have not set a departure time in either. Am I missing something? Is there a way to ensure that the car will not charge during peak hours?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have been using the 120V AC charger provided by Ford to charge my MME (Premium, Extended Range, AWD) at night. (I am taking my time getting a 240V charger installed.) I have been trying to set the car/charger to charge only during nonpeak-rate hours (I have a TOU plan with PGE), however, the car is charging during peak hours, evidently, so it completes the charge before my "departure time". Here's the thing: I work from home and have no set time when I have to leave my house and most days I am perfectly okay with the possibility that the car may not be at my designated max. charging level (90%) when I leave the house.

I have checked both the settings in the Ford Pass app and on the car's system, but as best I can tell, I have not set a departure time in either. Am I missing something? Is there a way to ensure that the car will not charge during peak hours?
Here's the info using the fordpass app. The key is you have to make sure the "charge when plugged in" is not checked ie you should select "use preferred charging settings"

easiest way is the ford pass app.
First you have to charge from your home location one time (it took twice for me), you then designate that as "saved location"
So open fordpass app.
1. Click on "vehicle" icon lower corner of the screen.
2. click on "manage ev" nearly midway up the phone.
3.opens up several selections click on "Manage charging"
a.you'll see scheduling "set charging schedule yourself make sure the dot to the right is filled in.
b. below that you'll see "manual charging settings" select "saved locations" click "preferred charging locations"
4. make sure the black dot to the right is next to "use preferred charge settings"
5.Brings up Charging location" should have your address, a map, and below that a "max charge level" slider, set it to what you want.
a.scroll down further and set up preferred charging times for weekend and weekday.

BTW. you DON"T have to set a departure time to do all this, I never have. I have my charging set from 7p to 8a every day but it never needs that long (I'm using the 240 portable evse)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts