Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tracking apps\sites is everyone using? I use palsapp.com and of course the Ford tracking but don't have much insight into where in the world my MME is currently. Supposed to be delivered first week of March.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2021 Mach-E Premium extended AWD
59 Posts
What tracking apps\sites is everyone using? I use palsapp.com and of course the Ford tracking but don't have much insight into where in the world my MME is currently. Supposed to be delivered first week of March.
Those are the sites I use, too - but hoping someone else has another site for the rail tracking! My dealer confirmed yesterday that my car "was on a train", but no location given. i don't expect the palsapp.com site to "come to life" until my car reaches Delaware - and from there's it's 24-48 hours away. I want to know where it is NOW, haha.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you also tried www.fordtracker.tech? It is another that I use though it is sometimes delayed and not real-time.

My car showed ETA delivery of 2/22/21 and it said delivered yesterday. So did https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

Right now I am planning to pick it up on Saturday. I have been in discussion with my dealer (Finance manager) to work on the financing. I want to go with Ford Option and he is very new to this so we are trying to figure it out together.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Have you also tried www.fordtracker.tech? It is another that I use though it is sometimes delayed and not real-time.

My car showed ETA delivery of 2/22/21 and it said delivered yesterday. So did https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

Right now I am planning to pick it up on Saturday. I have been in discussion with my dealer (Finance manager) to work on the financing. I want to go with Ford Option and he is very new to this so we are trying to figure it out together.

Good luck.
You are in NY as well? Another member took delivery and note that the Mach E is not in the NY state system for the $2,000 tax incentive made at delivery... Also, I had to remind my dealer of the $500 deposit we put down. Both NY and Ford IT teams are the F team.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You are in NY as well? Another member took delivery and note that the Mach E is not in the NY state system for the $2,000 tax incentive made at delivery... Also, I had to remind my dealer of the $500 deposit we put down. Both NY and Ford IT teams are the F team.
Well that's a huge oversight by Ford since they've been advertising it as qualifying for the NY rebate.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, I am also in NY. These issues are what I need to resolve before I close the deal. I basically gave my dealer a spreadsheet with the Ford Options Estimation Tool (a Ford contact in another forum gratefully shared a screenshot so I created the spreadsheet). This was helpful to my dealer as well though he is double checking to make sure.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2021 Mach-E Premium extended AWD
59 Posts
Yes, I am also in NY. These issues are what I need to resolve before I close the deal. I basically gave my dealer a spreadsheet with the Ford Options Estimation Tool (a Ford contact in another forum gratefully shared a screenshot so I created the spreadsheet). This was helpful to my dealer as well though he is double checking to make sure.
NY here too. I spoke with someone at the NYS clean drive program a few months ago, and they said that even if the MME isn't appearing on consumer side, it should be available on the dealer side since it's applied instantly at the time of purchase. I'm calling my dealer this afternoon to discuss financing, I'll ask/remind them about the program and if they see it on their side.

·
Registered
63 Posts
NY here too. I spoke with someone at the NYS clean drive program a few months ago, and they said that even if the MME isn't appearing on consumer side, it should be available on the dealer side since it's applied instantly at the time of purchase. I'm calling my dealer this afternoon to discuss financing, I'll ask/remind them about the program and if they see it on their side.
I agree with you. Here is the link to the program: Consumer FAQ - NYSERDA

What you said is explained in the Implementation Manual. So far so good.. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are the sites I use, too - but hoping someone else has another site for the rail tracking! My dealer confirmed yesterday that my car "was on a train", but no location given. i don't expect the palsapp.com site to "come to life" until my car reaches Delaware - and from there's it's 24-48 hours away. I want to know where it is NOW, haha.
Same here, palsapp.com shows that it's got a freight bill for Delaware but still in Pending. So it's somewhere between Mexico and DE, just wondering if it's sitting in KC like everyone else's.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Good luck.
Yep, used that site as well, looks like someone just wrote something to pull the data from shop.ford.com. Info is the same.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The Ballpark numbers the dealer worked out with us during the test drive was close enough but I need to sharpen the pencil when it gets to delivery. I am still not sure of the details of the Ford Options financing. It looks like the balloon payment on the 48 month plan is 38% of MSRP but than I'm not sure the balance is amortized into monthly payments. None of the disclosures detail this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Ballpark numbers the dealer worked out with us during the test drive was close enough but I need to sharpen the pencil when it gets to delivery. I am still not sure of the details of the Ford Options financing. It looks like the balloon payment on the 48 month plan is 38% of MSRP but than I'm not sure the balance is amortized into monthly payments. None of the disclosures detail this.
Ok. The residual percentage I got was 43% for 36 months and 36% for 48 months. I agree it is not time to sharpen the pencils. My dealer is Ford of Queens Blvd. The finance person i am dealing with is very friendly as we both try to work through the details of the numbers and what incentives are available. I mentioned that "For the Ford Option, there is a $2,600 cash incentive (see Program #13896 and #13924)". He added those in the second estimate because the Ford system did not have it as a selection last Friday when he sent the first estimates.

Who is your dealer?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Ok. The residual percentage I got was 43% for 36 months and 36% for 48 months. I agree it is not time to sharpen the pencils. My dealer is Ford of Queens Blvd. The finance person i am dealing with is very friendly as we both try to work through the details of the numbers and what incentives are available. I mentioned that "For the Ford Option, there is a $2,600 cash incentive (see Program #13896 and #13924)". He added those in the second estimate because the Ford system did not have it as a selection last Friday when he sent the first estimates.

Who is your dealer?
Friendly Ford in Dutchess. Same story. Ford Options not set up in their system. If you go through the Ford order configurator page, you'll see the balloon payment come to 38% of MSRP.

This is really dull... I don't sign any financial document that's not completely transparent and I don't understand. Won't be taking delivery until all the details are crisp.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Who is your dealer?
Congrats on your delivery, I am still about 2 weeks out from you. ETA 3/9. as we spoke before same dealership and car I believe. please post how your final negotiation go. did you also consider the X Plan?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Given the weather in the NYC metro area for the next ~2 weeks I'm not so sure if I want to take delivery to drive in the slush/salt/grime... But our MME is off to the detailer for ceramic coating immediately upon delivery anyway.

·
Registered
Premium RWD SR Black
77 Posts
Given the weather in the NYC metro area for the next ~2 weeks I'm not so sure if I want to take delivery to drive in the slush/salt/grime... But our MME is off to the detailer for ceramic coating immediately upon delivery anyway.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the coating? I am also think of getting ceramic coating through the dealer. I haven't price compared yet so I'm interested in a price data point.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I totally agree and I too am off to get ceramic coating first thing. for KW2020: for the 5 yr covering I was quoted $1,500.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I totally agree and I too am off to get ceramic coating first thing. for KW2020: for the 5 yr covering I was quoted $1,500.
The highly recommended local detailer quoted around that much but indicated it could be higher or lower depending on how much work he has to do. If he doesn't have to do a lot of paint correction, it'll be lower. I had a good look at the paint quality when I was at the dealer and from what I saw... it was good.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the coating? I am also think of getting ceramic coating through the dealer. I haven't price compared yet so I'm interested in a price data point.
Prices range from $500 up.... But if you want something that works, I think it's going to be over a grand.

My guy is $1,500 +/-, depending on the amount of paint correction.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The highly recommended local detailer quoted around that much but indicated it could be higher or lower depending on how much work he has to do. If he doesn't have to do a lot of paint correction, it'll be lower. I had a good look at the paint quality when I was at the dealer and from what I saw... it was good.

Prices range from $500 up.... But if you want something that works, I think it's going to be over a grand.

My guy is $1,500 +/-, depending on the amount of paint correction.
Yeah same here with the paint correction. The detailer I called told me don't let the dealer wash the car when they give it to you, and leave the white covering on if possible. I doubt the dealer would leave the covering on.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yeah same here with the paint correction. The detailer I called told me don't let the dealer wash the car when they give it to you, and leave the white covering on if possible. I doubt the dealer would leave the covering on.
Exactly what my detailer told me. Check for dents/major scratches but otherwise leave it alone.
Also... many dealers offer ceramic coatings at ~$7-800. Basically a spray coating. He told me to avoid those (self interest there).... anyway my dealer doesn't offer.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts