Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it should be called a Mustang?

Serious question.

I'm not here just to cause hate.

I stumbled across a Change.org petition asking Ford to remove the name "Mustang" from the Mach-E. It has almost 9,000 signatures already

·
Registered
63 Posts
+1 on liking the Mustang Mach-E name. The people complaining are largely Gen-X'ers that are mad that Ford shifted focus to a new demographic of buyers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it was a brilliant marketing decision by Ford and definitely not something taken lightly with one of the Crown Jewels of the company.

Anyway, sounds a lot better than Model Y or Model M.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just signed the petition. Mustangs are coupes. Ford didn't make it coupe because it would not sell well. They called it "Mustang" to bring sales up. I'm OK with it, but just OK. If sales become sustainable, but not as great as the Mustang, Ford should re-brand it, drop the Mustang name, and make a true Mustang EV coupe. @machstang btw, I'm a gen-X'er lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I and many others signed a petition last year to protest the Mach name to be used on an Electric SUV. It didn't work. It is what it is and Ford will 'never' change the name :( I'm on my 5th new (a 2011) Mustang I have bought through the years...…...

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is far safer, far more practical and even faster, if cornering is considered, than the Mach 1 Mustangs of the past. I could buy any of those old muscle cars, but just have no incentive to do so, as new vehicles are so much better. That does not stop me from appreciating, even admiring some of the old ones. I am reading documents which indicate that the GT will be as fast as some radically more expensive Porsche vehicles. I am 62, so remember when all of the old Mustangs were new.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The name has grown on me and it isn't an issue, at this point people just have to accept that Ford won't change it.

I don't know about everyone else but most people I know just call it the Mach-E anyways.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do you think it should be called a Mustang?

Serious question.

I'm not here just to cause hate.

I stumbled across a Change.org petition asking Ford to remove the name "Mustang" from the Mach-E. It has almost 9,000 signatures already

Last time I checked, the petition had 13,914 signatures out of 15,000. I thought they would've reached their goal at this point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts