Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
This is great. Maybe other folks know this, but here's some info I hadn't seen before.

PHONE AS A KEY

Customers can enter their Mustang Mach‑E and start it using their smartphone rather than a physical key with Phone As A Key (PAAK). As the driver approaches, the vehicle senses the authenticated Bluetooth device and the doors automatically unlock. The vehicle also features walk-away locking, which is a first for a Ford vehicle. If a customer unlocks the vehicle door and then returns to their home for any reason, the door will lock again in about 3 seconds.

ONE-PEDAL DRIVING

Every Mustang Mach‑E will have an accelerator pedal and a brake pedal, standard. One-Pedal Driving (1PD) simply means the driver can switch to this mode and use the accelerator pedal only to control the vehicle's speed and deceleration in certain traffic situations. In an EV, releasing the accelerator pedal slows the vehicle more aggressively than a conventional vehicle. At the same time, Mustang Mach‑E is capturing regenerative energy as it decelerates. The vehicle can even ease to a stop in this mode - without the driver touching the brake pedal. However, it's best to use the brake pedal to hold the vehicle in place at a complete stop.

DRIVE EXPERIENCES
Mustang Mach-E features EV-specific Drive Experiences that provide the mood the owner desires in the moment.

Engage - balanced, fun-to-drive and productive with in-vehicle sounds to enhance the driving experience.

Whisper - seamless, calm and quiet mode with driving-related sounds deactivated.

Unbridled - exhilarating drive and exciting acceleration with increased throttle response and more prevalent driving sounds.

CHARGE PORT LIGHTS
The LED charge status indicator light consists of five arcs forming a circle to tell the customer there's an active charge going on - and to show its progress. Each arc represents the level of charge in the battery, starting with 0-20 percent and progressing at 20-percent intervals until it reaches 100 percent. When the battery is full, the charge indicator light will form a fully lit circle.

PURCHASING A FORD CONNECTED CHARGE STATION (240-VOLT LEVEL 2)
Your customers can improve their ownership experience with the purchase of a 240‑volt Ford Connected Charge Station wall unit that can charge at least 10 times faster than a conventional 120‑volt outlet. Customers with a 240-volt (Level 2) charging unit can add up to approximately 32 miles of range for every hour of charging. The cost of the home Connected Charge Station can be included in the customer's financing plan. Installation can be arranged through Amazon for customer convenience. The Amazon installation link will be available on the Mustang Mach‑E website by early 2020.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This is great. Maybe other folks know this, but here's some info I hadn't seen before.

PHONE AS A KEY

Customers can enter their Mustang Mach‑E and start it using their smartphone rather than a physical key with Phone As A Key (PAAK). As the driver approaches, the vehicle senses the authenticated Bluetooth device and the doors automatically unlock. The vehicle also features walk-away locking, which is a first for a Ford vehicle. If a customer unlocks the vehicle door and then returns to their home for any reason, the door will lock again in about 3 seconds.

ONE-PEDAL DRIVING

Every Mustang Mach‑E will have an accelerator pedal and a brake pedal, standard. One-Pedal Driving (1PD) simply means the driver can switch to this mode and use the accelerator pedal only to control the vehicle's speed and deceleration in certain traffic situations. In an EV, releasing the accelerator pedal slows the vehicle more aggressively than a conventional vehicle. At the same time, Mustang Mach‑E is capturing regenerative energy as it decelerates. The vehicle can even ease to a stop in this mode - without the driver touching the brake pedal. However, it's best to use the brake pedal to hold the vehicle in place at a complete stop.

DRIVE EXPERIENCES
Mustang Mach-E features EV-specific Drive Experiences that provide the mood the owner desires in the moment.

Engage - balanced, fun-to-drive and productive with in-vehicle sounds to enhance the driving experience.

Whisper - seamless, calm and quiet mode with driving-related sounds deactivated.

Unbridled - exhilarating drive and exciting acceleration with increased throttle response and more prevalent driving sounds.

CHARGE PORT LIGHTS
The LED charge status indicator light consists of five arcs forming a circle to tell the customer there's an active charge going on - and to show its progress. Each arc represents the level of charge in the battery, starting with 0-20 percent and progressing at 20-percent intervals until it reaches 100 percent. When the battery is full, the charge indicator light will form a fully lit circle.

PURCHASING A FORD CONNECTED CHARGE STATION (240-VOLT LEVEL 2)
Your customers can improve their ownership experience with the purchase of a 240‑volt Ford Connected Charge Station wall unit that can charge at least 10 times faster than a conventional 120‑volt outlet. Customers with a 240-volt (Level 2) charging unit can add up to approximately 32 miles of range for every hour of charging. The cost of the home Connected Charge Station can be included in the customer's financing plan. Installation can be arranged through Amazon for customer convenience. The Amazon installation link will be available on the Mustang Mach‑E website by early 2020.
the automatic locking doors are going to be handy. I know a few people who need that feature lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting. I was wondering if they would have “puddle lights” and apparently they will! It’s a nice little touch, but will it be standard across the models?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Appearance package for Select Models is cool too, I can imagine that will be popular among select buyers - including myself if I don't upgrade to the Premium

·
Registered
186 Posts
Appearance package for Select Models is cool too, I can imagine that will be popular among select buyers - including myself if I don't upgrade to the Premium
Yes, except I'm not so sure about the wheel covers. Wonder what the wheels underneath look like

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read about the appearance package. So it’s just gloss black painted roof, black spoiler, gloss black wheel openings and 19” wheels?
hmm will that make a huge visual difference since I ordered mine in black? 😅

1 - 8 of 8 Posts