Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having a hard time getting good info for a set of tires and wheels for my Mach-E-GT. I live in Vermont so I'd like to put 4 new wheels and tires on it for the winter season. Any help would be appreciated. Contacted the dealer, Ford, and Tire Rack with not much success

·
Registered
190 Posts
having a hard time getting good info for a set of tires and wheels for my Mach-E-GT. I live in Vermont so I'd like to put 4 new wheels and tires on it for the winter season. Any help would be appreciated. Contacted the dealer, Ford, and Tire Rack with not much success
I have a GTPE with 245/45r20 XL Pirelli PZero Elect summer tires. For the winter tires, I'm putting on Michelin CrossClimate 2 245/45r20 XL all season tires. They're severe-snow rated (3 mountain symbol). I'm using the stock wheels for the winters. For summer, I'm getting 9.5"-wide custom forged wheels, with 275/40r20 XL tires. Due to the weight of the Mach-E, you MUST use XL-rated tires (XL means Xtra Load).

·
Registered
MMEGTPE
9 Posts
Looks like a good option, @RetiredDP
I like the stock wheels on the GTPE so thinking of mounting those AW tires on something for the winter. Looking for value as I clearly won't be pushing it as much in winter. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a GTPE with 245/45r20 XL Pirelli PZero Elect summer tires. For the winter tires, I'm putting on Michelin CrossClimate 2 245/45r20 XL all season tires. They're severe-snow rated (3 mountain symbol). I'm using the stock wheels for the winters. For summer, I'm getting 9.5"-wide custom forged wheels, with 275/40r20 XL tires. Due to the weight of the Mach-E, you MUST use XL-rated tires (XL means Xtra Load).
Perfect tire for snow,ice and whatever hits you in Vermont. Our western Pa winters can be managed with with a top rate all season tire. My wife's GTPE was just fitted with Michelin sport pilot a/s 245x45 r20 XL. Wal-Mart was unable to set their lift correctly so a local shop took off the summer tires mount and balance for $82. Now were are trying to find a lite wheel 24 to 26 lbs black with red stripe for the summer but no vendor yet to be found. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have answers but I'm interested as well. I have heard that some Lincoln wheels work, but I think that is with spacers. I'd like to find a "cheap but still reasonably attractive" option to mount up a set of winter tires. I'm in Maryland and we get a few months of the "Ice and slush" season rather than "real" winters you guys further north get, and I can't see spending $$$ on wheels I'll maybe use three or four months of the year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have answers but I'm interested as well. I have heard that some Lincoln wheels work, but I think that is with spacers. I'd like to find a "cheap but still reasonably attractive" option to mount up a set of winter tires. I'm in Maryland and we get a few months of the "Ice and slush" season rather than "real" winters you guys further north get, and I can't see spending $$$ on wheels I'll maybe use three or four months of the year.
just put these on. Conti viking contact 7's with Helo wheels (20")

1 - 8 of 8 Posts