Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A glass roof is super cool...except in summer. You'll waste battery while your Mach-E is parked fighting the solar oven effect with your A/C. Beat the heat with Tesmanian's custom fit clip-in roof shade.

Use just the mesh for a shady effect or add the reflective cover (in the plastic wrap at left in the pic) to bounce those rays straight back out of the cabin.

Brand new--this shade has literally been opened once, re-folded, and placed back in the bag.
From the Tesmanian website:
  1. Custom Designed Sunshade for MME Glass Roof
  2. Lightweight mesh fabric with a collapsible rigid frame
  3. Durable and effectively reduces heat transmission into the cabin
  4. Easily removable, the Mach-E sunshade is installed onto the interior of the glass roof with clips
  5. Sunshade is collapsible and stores in the provided pouch
Regular price: $100

·
Registered
26 Posts
A glass roof is super cool...except in summer. You'll waste battery while your Mach-E is parked fighting the solar oven effect with your A/C. Beat the heat with Tesmanian's custom fit clip-in roof shade.

Use just the mesh for a shady effect or add the reflective cover (in the plastic wrap at left in the pic) to bounce those rays straight back out of the cabin.

Brand new--this shade has literally been opened once, re-folded, and placed back in the bag.
From the Tesmanian website:
  1. Custom Designed Sunshade for MME Glass Roof
  2. Lightweight mesh fabric with a collapsible rigid frame
  3. Durable and effectively reduces heat transmission into the cabin
  4. Easily removable, the Mach-E sunshade is installed onto the interior of the glass roof with clips
  5. Sunshade is collapsible and stores in the provided pouch
Regular price: $100
View attachment 5714 View attachment 5713
I once had guests that wanted to black out light from the windows in one of our bedrooms. The heat trapped between the shade and the glass warped all of the mouldings. In severe sun I wonder what the temperature increase would be - caught between this fabric and the glass roof? If there is an issue - would it be covered by any warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This item has sold. Admins, feel free to delete this thread (someone shout at me if I have that ability).

·
Registered
2021 MME4X Premium, Rapid Red
80 Posts
This item has sold. Admins, feel free to delete this thread (someone shout at me if I have that ability).
Why did you sell, did it work as advertised and are the clips well done and out of sight?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why did you sell, did it work as advertised and are the clips well done and out of sight?
Hey John! I sold because--shhh 🤫, I drive a Model Y, not an MME. Tesmanian just sent me the wrong shade.
At least in the Tesla, I'd say they're pretty well hidden. Ignore-able. Pics below.
The frame and materials feel like they're good quality. Nothing feels cheap about it, and the fit was spot-on for our roof.

As for performance, I'm afraid it's too soon to say. We saw it hit 80º inside on a 40º sunny day a couple months back, so we're confident solar heating is an issue for us. Now that it's in the 90s, we're counting on the reflector to help make the climate control's job easier.

Two of the 8 edge clips:

And the two magnetic clips--these mate with a metal disc stuck to the roof before the shade goes up, and are essential for avoiding a big sag in the center (at least it was for my install with the additional reflective sheet over the top of the shade).

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2021 MME4X Premium, Rapid Red
80 Posts
That's a really big help. The clips look fine, it's the sag in the middle I'm worried about. But yours is the best review that gives customers a really good look. Sorry I missed yours at a discount, that was worth a try. I'm sure I'll need one in Texas as we're just starting to hea up now. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am getting my roof tinted Wednesday. 70% same as my Windshield. I don’t want to loose the light I just want to cut down on the heat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts