Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Tesla skyrocketing and Ford's stock floundering, there's only one direction to go for Ford.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Sales this year of the MMe, the Bronco and Bronco Sport, the new F150 will all help sales and the stock value.

Personally, I believe what will best help Ford stocks are some concrete, long-term announcements around the future of EVs at Ford. Specifically on:
  • additional product announcements,
  • in-house battery cell production,
  • their involvement with Solid Power and their solid-state cell development, and
  • how they can transition legacy infrastructure from ICE manufacturing to electric motor production.
Clarity and commitment are what investors are looking for. Vagueness only brings doubt regarding Ford’s long-term goals. That uncertainty is never good for stock valuation.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,105 Posts
With Tesla skyrocketing and Ford's stock floundering, there's only one direction to go for Ford.
There's an old saying in the NYC Jewish community when something is said that one hopes will happen: "From Your Lips to God's Ear". Ford has an exciting lineup of new product and it should make a difference in share price (I hope they reinstate the dividend soon) . I've been 'in the Market' for a long time and if one thing has been clear many times (as I believe is the case of Tesla) aside from the fundamentals, price is driven by expectation, wanting to be part of a 'good thing', not wanting to "miss out" and "hip" name recognition vs. legacy companies. My son just sold some TSLA @$880 that he bought around $200 why, because as my sister loves to say "there are three types of investors on Wall Street, the Bulls, the Bears, and the Pigs" you take some of your profit when advisable. Tesla makes four models two of which are essentially the same vehicle which in 2020 sold around 500K units and the company's only profit has been from 'credits' not vehicle sales. Ford's lineup, sales numbers and worldwide dealer network dwarf Tesla yet F vs TSLA isn't on the same planet. I often compare the TSLA phenomenon to Apple. I worked for Apple for three years travelling between Cupertino and China carrying a Samsung phone and tablet causing the engineers to 'scratch their head' and ask why. My response was it does essentially the same thing for less money and no proprietary accessories that afford me more flexibility. The difference Apple is 'Hip' Samsung is not. My belief is that TSLA is hip and F is not.
I really enjoyed the article and I hope that the 'experts' are correct.

·
Registered
365 Posts
"In an email to staff, Mr Musk warned that the company’s profitability was around just one per cent and that stock success has been down to investors’ expectations of bigger profits down the road. If, at any point, they conclude that's not going to happen, our stock will immediately get crushed like a soufflé under a sledgehammer!”

I'd use the other car mfgs in comparing Ford's performance to other companies. Tesla is an "emotional" stock and as even Musk notes, Tesla's stock price is not tied to assets or revenues/profits.

A successful MachE should have the same effect on Ford prices as any other successful car model.

·
Registered
386 Posts
But MM-E is just a tiny sliver of production, I don't see how it could, ford is a massive company

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,105 Posts
But MM-E is just a tiny sliver of production, I don't see how it could, ford is a massive company
It's not based on the bottom line MMe numbers but rather investor confidence that Ford is on the 'right track' with the move to BEV production. If the MMe and F-150 BEVs are accepted by the public, investor confidence in the potential for future growth and profits will drive up the share price. Look at Tesla the company is producing little or no profit but the street is betting on future growth.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sales this year of the MMe, the Bronco and Bronco Sport, the new F150 will all help sales and the stock value.

Personally, I believe what will best help Ford stocks are some concrete, long-term announcements around the future of EVs at Ford. Specifically on:
  • additional product announcements,
  • in-house battery cell production,
  • their involvement with Solid Power and their solid-state cell development, and
  • how they can transition legacy infrastructure from ICE manufacturing to electric motor production.
Clarity and commitment are what investors are looking for. Vagueness only brings doubt regarding Ford’s long-term goals. That uncertainty is never good for stock valuation.
Agreed. Stock value is based on speculation and speculation depends on what people think will happen. Ford just needs to control that, but they need to do so with serious plans about their EV future.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
209 Posts

Up, judging by the stock's performance over since you started this thread a month ago.
Sure hope it continues and we can start getting our dividends again.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If it's anything I've learned over the years in investing is to set aside any emotional attachments to brands, products... and just concentrate on who makes me money in an morally/ethically acceptable way to me. It does help if they provide great products/services, but they could just as well provide crappy products/services and make me money. I also have no problem with shorting. In fact, I think it's immoral to not allow shorting.

$TSLA has made a lot of people wealthy, IMO the stock is overpriced for a transportation company but I have argued even at these prices, $TSLA might be undervalued as an energy company. I was never long or short $TSLA - too much volatility coupled with a garrulous mercurial CEO. I need to be able to sleep comfortably at night.

That said. On Friday, $TSLA closed at $816.12 and $F at $11.45. In the next year... through 1Q 2022, I see $F getting to $15 before I see $TSLA at $1,069. So I'm long $F.

Not investment advice - I could be and have been wrong... many times.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If MME is going to be a successful product they’re going to have to go from hype and excitement to deliveries. 6,8 month or more isn’t going to cut it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts