Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sony (yes, that Sony) has unveiled a new electric concept car called the Vision-S.

It comes with 2 268-horsepower (200-kilowatt) electric motors, it goes from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.8 seconds and has a top speed of 149 mph (240 km/h).

The Vision-S features 33 different sensors inside and outside of the car, multiple widescreen displays, 360 audio, and always-on connectivity, with some pieces coming from industry players like BlackBerry and Bosch. It’s also powered by a new EV platform which appears to have been engineered by automotive supplier Magna that Sony says will be able to power other vehicle types, like SUVs.

Sony Vision-S

Sony Vision-S
Sony Vision-S
Sony Vision-S
Sony Vision-S
Sony Vision-S
Sony Vision-S
Sony Vision-S
Sony Vision-S
Sony Vision-S

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wouldn't call it their first car, its more of a tech showcase in a more presentable format.

The ROI of this when pitching to automakers is just insane.

On that note, who knows, maybe Sony tech will come to a future Ford ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't call it their first car, its more of a tech showcase in a more presentable format.

The ROI of this when pitching to automakers is just insane.

On that note, who knows, maybe Sony tech will come to a future Ford ;)
Yeah I just read that Sony confirmed that it's not going into production. Since that's the case it does make me think they're going to make a push for car sound systems, infotainment screens and systems, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts