Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a tow truck driving around with a pair of Tesla spare wheel/tires on it's bed. The tow company has a contract with Tesla to respond with a spare tire when a Tesla needs roadside assistance due to a flat, since Tesla's don't have a spare tire.

Anyone know if our Mach-E's will come with a spare or not?

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
There is neither a spare or a space to carry one.
There is only a flat-fix kit, jack, and tire-iron.
You will have to rely on Ford’s roadside assistance to get you to the nearest dealership or tire-shop if its more than a puncture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I keep a plug kit in most of my vehicles. They've saved my butt several times, especially on my motorcycle.

I'll do the same for my Mach-E, but will probably add a small air compressor too, since there's absolutely no spare.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
746 Posts
Thanks

I keep a plug kit in most of my vehicles. They've saved my butt several times, especially on my motorcycle.

I'll do the same for my Mach-E, but will probably add a small air compressor too, since there's absolutely no spare.
In my Mercedes, with run flats but no spare, I keep a plug in air compressor. I will not use a foam or other tire inflator as the TPM must then be replaced and if the "goo" is not cleaned from the wheel within a few hours, the labor to remove the goo cost more than a new wheel.

If I do not have a complete blow out, I intend to keep the tire inflated enough with the air compressor, so that it is not driving on the sidewalls, drive to the nearest repair shop and then have the tire patched - which you can do on RF tires.

A decent air compressor at Home Deport is about $55.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
In my Mercedes, with run flats but no spare, I keep a plug in air compressor. I will not use a foam or other tire inflator as the TPM must then be replaced and if the "goo" is not cleaned from the wheel within a few hours, the labor to remove the goo cost more than a new wheel.

If I do not have a complete blow out, I intend to keep the tire inflated enough with the air compressor, so that it is not driving on the sidewalls, drive to the nearest repair shop and then have the tire patched - which you can do on RF tires.

A decent air compressor at Home Deport is about $55.

I just looked in my vehicle, the tire repair kit includes a compressor. But no jack or tire-iron.
so, i looked for a video on its use and found this:

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
213 Posts
This company makes spare kits for Teslas. I am hoping they do one for the ME. I would probably buy one to put in my hatch when on a trip. Waiting for Roadside Assistance is NEVER fun.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yup. I just can't be bothered to wait. And then watch someone else do it. I mean... if I can't do it... that's fine. But if I can, I'd prefer to.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
746 Posts
Better hope not. Just go to a BMW forum and see what people think of them.
I have run flats on my Mercedes. Almost all cars are now equipped with run flats:

• Save the weight of a spare + jack to improve fuel economy
  • Manufacturers feel people no longer know and if they know no longer want to change a flat
On the Mercedes Forum run flats are discussed. Most are against as they ride harsher.

BMW has for $150 an option for a spare tire. Most manufacturers do not.

I hope that the MME will have a spare tire option, but I am not counting on it.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,019 Posts
I have run flats on my Mercedes. Almost all cars are now equipped with run flats:

• Save the weight of a spare + jack to improve fuel economy
  • Manufacturers feel people no longer know and if they know no longer want to change a flat
On the Mercedes Forum run flats are discussed. Most are against as they ride harsher.

BMW has for $150 an option for a spare tire. Most manufacturers do not.

I hope that the MME will have a spare tire option, but I am not counting on it.
There's no place to put one unless you want it sitting looks in the back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts