Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone provide feedback and advice on each of these white Mach-E colors? Star White is about $600 more and painting repairs may be more difficult and expensive. How does each of these whites look in sunlight and at night? Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Star White is similar to the Platinum White on my 2018 Fusion. Its a beautiful pearlescent metallic clearcoat that looks brilliant in the sun. And the metallic can be seen under street lights as well. Its a tri-coat paint, and it feels and looks premium. When i wash my car i will try to get a good close-up picture.

Space white is a white with a gray hue, in pictures it looks striking. I don’t think there is any metallic particulate in it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hi @Dutchy,

Space White is a base-coat white, more of a solid color just like grabber blue.
Star White tri-coat metallic has an extra paint layer that makes it look pearlescent.

That video looks like Star White tri-coat, not Space White. From :46 - 1:12 you can see the pearlescent effect. I have a similar tri-coat white on my Ford, called Platinum white tri-coat metallic.

Ford should have made the names more distinct. I highly recommend everyone see physical paint-chip samples when placing thier final order to make sure they are getting the color they want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts