Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, my question is pretty much in the title lol. Test drove a Mach-E on 6/5/21, fell in love and then placed my order with Maxwell Ford on 6/6/21. Paid my $1000 deposit. I ordered Red, Premium + EXT and grey interior. Nothing crazy. I know there's a chip shortage but I was wondering how long did you'll have to wait in order to get a build date?

Is 3+ months common before getting a build date?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Current; 17' Escape SE AWD (Soon to be traded in!)
21 Posts
I have a bit longer with my dealer order placed 5/31/21 and noting from the dealer yet, no build date or vin.
It all comes down to dealer allocation, if they dont have the allocation then they can't place the order into the order pool.
There's plenty of folks on here who have ordered after me and already have build dates, doesn't seem fair but all dealers are different in their allotment.

Tony

·
Registered
178 Posts
I ordered 10/12/2020 and by April 2021 had heard NOTHING from Ford so I ended up purchasing a car off a dealer lot that was the same specs and color as my original order except for the battery (ordered Ext range and got std range battery). Of course this was back then and orders were taking longer. Many had placed a reservation in 2019 so I wasn't the longest wait by far. The dealer I ordered from didn't get many orders for the Mach E (3 or 4 I think) so Ford my have cut his allocation. My priority code was 14 which was lower then a lot (18 was common). Also what was extremely irritating and unfair was that people who placed their orders months after me got build dates before me.

The process of ordering and waiting for my car without a word from Ford was the most frustrating and anger producing experience I have ever had and will NEVER order a car again! (this was the first car I ever ordered). I'm now very happy with my MME which I've had from 4-16-21. My original order finally came in and was delivered 7-2-21 to a member of this board who I alerted that the car would be available. He put down a deposit immediately and got his MME in 2 months I believe (from when he placed his original order which he cancelled).

Reactions: rongb

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered mine on April 14th and it still hasn’t gone into production yet. Ford’s communication and customer service is nonexistent. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered a Rapid Red Premium RWD ER April 27, 2021 and still no production date. I decided to stop by the dealership yesterday and talk to the manager of the Mach E ordering to get a status. I asked them to verify my order number in the Ford system, to make sure that my order was in fact valid and it was. The manager told me they have no idea how Ford picks and chooses orders to put into production. I asked if this order would be a 2021 or a 2022 model. He said based on the order date it should be a 2021 but he didn't really know. So the only thing I learned from my trip to the dealership is yes I have a valid order. He did mention that they see maybe 2-3 MMEs a week which I thought was interesting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
MME Premium XR RWD ordered May 17th, and nothing. I think about cancelling at least one time a day. Then someone gets theirs and I change mind. Crazy-ass mental process!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered mine on 5/7/2021. No production date yet either. But anyone who ordered and thought it was going to take less than 18 to 24 weeks has not been paying attention. There are all kinds of supply chain issues around the world-for everything. Whether I get a 2021 or a 2022 doesn't matter. I visited a Toyota dealer a month ago, he had 3 new vehicles on the lot. No one is getting cars built. We just have to have patience or buy something else. I am willing to wait for my MME because it's still the coolest EV on the market today.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some people are getting cars built and shipped. I think they are filling orders (with whatever received chips they get) out of date order from what I have seen lately. Many ordered after mine have gone through, while mine sits chipless for months. patience is not one of my strong suits, and there really isn't anything else to buy for my tastes. So just hanging on.. Luckily I have a first edition to keep me company during the long wait for a GT. So hard to complain. But I don't want to wait past the12/31 tax incentive deadline.

·
Registered
Current; 17' Escape SE AWD (Soon to be traded in!)
21 Posts
Just for giggles I stopped in to our local Volvo dealer to see if they had any XC40's available and was told there are three coming in next week and none of them are spoken for yet. The salesman was very honest with me and said if I ordered online I would get the car at sticker but if I ordered thru the dealership there is currently a 5K ADM on any plug in hybrid or full electric vehicle.
I declined the offer since the pricing is above my spending limit for the year and the range is in the 230~250 mile range.
Next I stopped into Jaguar and there was a dealer demo I-Pace in the showroom with no window sticker. After looking it over and noticing the high mileage (6800) I asked about pricing and was told "If I had to ask I could not afford it", walked out quickly with a big smile on my face.

Now I do want a Mach-E, not just any electric vehicle so I guess I'll just wait and see what the dealer tells me on the 27th when 2022 models go on sale!

Tony

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered 4/13/21 and my production week is listed as week of 10/11/21. I had a production date of 9/23 and then I got an email saying there would be a minimum 6-week delay due to the chip shortage. The date on the Ford website then changed to 10/4 and then the date above. I have zero idea of when I'm getting my car. Red Premium extended range. I'm driving a 2013 Buick Regal with no problems, so I guess I just watch my bank account grow and hope my old car hangs on.... I live in Mississippi, so I don't think there would be any on dealer lots within any reasonable distance.🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I am new to this site and thinking about buying. I am wondering why you are ordering and are you ordering 2022's? I live in the tri-state area and there are cars to be found, albeit not an abundance. There are a lot of selects and a few premiums AWD extended's. Dealers are getting at least MSRP and some are going over. If you live in a state with no inventory I presume you can get the car shipped from any dealer.

My second question, as I might be making an order, when are the 2022's coming out? I can't find the answer on the web and the Ford dealer I spoke with seemed clueless. Its September 2021, how long does this model year go? Thanks all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi. I am new to this site and thinking about buying. I am wondering why you are ordering and are you ordering 2022's? I live in the tri-state area and there are cars to be found, albeit not an abundance. There are a lot of selects and a few premiums AWD extended's. Dealers are getting at least MSRP and some are going over. If you live in a state with no inventory I presume you can get the car shipped from any dealer.

My second question, as I might be making an order, when are the 2022's coming out? I can't find the answer on the web and the Ford dealer I spoke with seemed clueless. Its September 2021, how long does this model year go? Thanks all.
I don't think you will here anything about 2022's until October. Most, if not all MME's at car lots are for sell way over MSRP. If you order yours and get it in writing from the dealer exactly how much your car will cost you when it arrives then you are most likely not going to pay over MSRP. I've seen them goes as high as $25k over MSPR at the dealers.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I heard from another forum that orders for the 2022 MME start 9/27/21!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a bit longer with my dealer order placed 5/31/21 and noting from the dealer yet, no build date or vin.
It all comes down to dealer allocation, if they dont have the allocation then they can't place the order into the order pool.
There's plenty of folks on here who have ordered after me and already have build dates, doesn't seem fair but all dealers are different in their allotment.

Tony
Yeah, my dealer proudly exclaimed "oh Ford likes us so we get our Mach-E's earlier than others...." yeah right, lol. Granted, they were the closest one to me and they're accepting my X-Plan so I'm not concerned. Just need to wait and drive my son's Lexus GS300 in the mean time :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just for giggles I stopped in to our local Volvo dealer to see if they had any XC40's available and was told there are three coming in next week and none of them are spoken for yet. The salesman was very honest with me and said if I ordered online I would get the car at sticker but if I ordered thru the dealership there is currently a 5K ADM on any plug in hybrid or full electric vehicle.
I declined the offer since the pricing is above my spending limit for the year and the range is in the 230~250 mile range.
Next I stopped into Jaguar and there was a dealer demo I-Pace in the showroom with no window sticker. After looking it over and noticing the high mileage (6800) I asked about pricing and was told "If I had to ask I could not afford it", walked out quickly with a big smile on my face.

Now I do want a Mach-E, not just any electric vehicle so I guess I'll just wait and see what the dealer tells me on the 27th when 2022 models go on sale!

Tony
Hahaha wow! What a jerk. Tell them, so how do your Land Rover customers like their "Jaguar XE loaner car."

·
Registered
105 Posts
Unliklely 22's will deliver before early spring. Some chips are coming in and they are slowly feeding the backlog of builds out, but it is slow going still.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts