Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I’m new here so I might have missed this discussion (couldn’t find it in the list).
I’m about to order my Mach any day now at my dealer in The Netherlands. Thing is I can’t decide between AWD (standard range) and RWD (standard range). For me personally the styling is very important. But if the there’s no difference in styling between the two versions I’m gonna go with the cheaper version. Unless the AWD has a nicer (more aggressive) styling like meaner diffusers front and back and nicer side skirts. But according to the dealer the only difference are the wheels (which I’m changing anyway) and the red brakes and the headlights. If that’s the only styling difference I’m going with the cheaper version and put nice wheels on it. But if the styling of the AWD is much nicer I’m gonna go with that one. In the leaflets there’s no visible difference in styling between the two (in the pics) but in the text it says there’s an ST-line package on the AWD and not on the RWD. But it looks exactly the same apart from the wheels (See pic). Please help me out. Thx guys!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ve noticed that in the US there are different packages to choose from like the ‘appearance’ package. We don’t have that option in Europe as far as I know. Any Europeans in the forum who have experience with this when ordering their Mach at the dealer?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another visual difference is the plastic around the front "grille".

In the RWD version it has "rays" (which I personally don't like at all) whereas in the AWD version it's more minimal, with just a plastic ring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I made a comparison between the RWD and AWD versions on Facebook. These were the text and pictures:

I ordered the cheaper version of the Mustang Mach E (RWD in EU, Select in USA) and quit frankly, I like the trims of this cheaper version better than those of the more expensive versions (AWD in EU, Premium and up in USA).
Here's why:
1. I like the matte/textured rim at the front with the radial "ribs" better than the smooth high gloss version.
2. I find the 3 vertical lighted bars in the headlights a bit too much, The "cheap" version only has a horizontal bar at the top of the headlights.
3. I like the mirrors painted in the body color instead of glossy black.
4. I like the matte/textured wheel case rims far better than the glossy pianoblack ones on the more expensive versions. I also think that the high gloss version is very vulnerable for scratches, dirt etc.
5. The same for the skirts at the side.
6. I find the stitching on the seats of the "cheaper" car more interesting than the plain stitching on the more expensive ones.
What are your opinions on this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another visual difference is the plastic around the front "grille".

In the RWD version it has "rays" (which I personally don't like at all) whereas in the AWD version it's more minimal, with just a plastic ring.
Oké thx, didn’t know that either. This informatio
Hi, I made a comparison between the RWD and AWD versions on Facebook. These were the text and pictures:

I ordered the cheaper version of the Mustang Mach E (RWD in EU, Select in USA) and quit frankly, I like the trims of this cheaper version better than those of the more expensive versions (AWD in EU, Premium and up in USA).
Here's why:
1. I like the matte/textured rim at the front with the radial "ribs" better than the smooth high gloss version.
2. I find the 3 vertical lighted bars in the headlights a bit too much, The "cheap" version only has a horizontal bar at the top of the headlights.
3. I like the mirrors painted in the body color instead of glossy black.
4. I like the matte/textured wheel case rims far better than the glossy pianoblack ones on the more expensive versions. I also think that the high gloss version is very vulnerable for scratches, dirt etc.
5. The same for the skirts at the side.
6. I find the stitching on the seats of the "cheaper" car more interesting than the plain stitching on the more expensive ones.
What are your opinions on this?
View attachment 863 View attachment 864
Thank you very much for your excellent reply. This helps me very much since the dealer couldn’t tell me anything regarding this. Can’t blame him since he didn’t get any info from HQ on this topic.
At first I thought that there was going to be a difference in styling as well. But as I understand now the styles are the same, it’s just the finishing of the material (matte vs. glossy). That makes the choice easier for me. I’m going with RWD. Do you perhaps know already If there will be nicer wheels available in The Netherlands right from the start? Any idea what wheels you’re getting? I’m leasing the car by the way. Thanks!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oké thx, didn’t know that either. This informatio

Thank you very much for your excellent reply. This helps me very much since the dealer couldn’t tell me anything regarding this. Can’t blame him since he didn’t get any info from HQ on this topic.
At first I thought that there was going to be a difference in styling as well. But as I understand now the styles are the same, it’s just the finishing of the material (matte vs. glossy). That makes the choice easier for me. I’m going with RWD. Do you perhaps know already If there will be nicer wheels available in The Netherlands right from the start? Any idea what wheels you’re getting? I’m leasing the car by the way. Thanks!!
As I understand, at the moment we have to turn the reservation into an order, final prices and options will be available. So I guess that we can make some alterations to the car. I, for instance, would like to add the towbar and perhaps some other wheels. If you look at the Ford website to the "normal" Mustang, they offer quite some choices in wheels and some only at 400-500 Euro extra....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other question that popped up: in the text below they talk about a lot of styling differences. For example the black painted roof? Don’t they all have that? And what about the upper window moldings and the black spoiler black belt-line moldings? This text suggests major styling differences. Do you agree? Or do you refer to your earlier post and think it’s just in the finish of the black accents (gloss vs matte)

·
Registered
22 Posts
One other question that popped up: in the text below they talk about a lot of styling differences. For example the black painted roof? Don’t they all have that? And what about the upper window moldings and the black spoiler black belt-line moldings? This text suggests major styling differences. Do you agree? Or do you refer to your earlier post and think it’s just in the finish of the black accents (gloss vs matte)
View attachment 867
I'm not sure whether this apearance package will be available here in Europe (we don't have the same trim levels as in the USA). The roof of neither the AWD and the RWD are black, they are painted in the body colour (see pictures below from the configurator). There is a small difference between AWD and RWD however. In the AWD the metal part of the rear hatch in front of the spoiler is painted black, in the RWD it is also painted in body colour (I like that better).
I think the black roof is only black if the panorama roof is added. The glass is black on the outside...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really couldn’t comment on any European specs other than what I’ve seen online from those Auto Shows and the UK debut. But it looks to me like these pictures on this thread are comparing the Select and Premium (possibly even pictures 1st edition with red calipers). From all the research I’ve done, the only difference I can see from simply RWD and AWD is badging. At least here in the states, the base Select comes with very little on the outside and you can upgrade things once orders begin. The Premium has most of the bells and whistles and can be configured in RWD and AWD, along with ER battery if you want. I also haven’t seen that red calipers are an option for Premium, but I’m looking forward to speaking with my dealer about other options once orders begin. I reserved a Premium. If anyone has seen anything different aside from badging between RWD and AWD please feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In the Netherlands prices and trim + packages are already published.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the Netherlands prices and trim + packages are already published.

Thx for the link! I’m still confused regarding the trimming / styling. In the list it says that the upgraded version (AWD in Europe, Appearance in US) has the ST-line styling pack (see pic below). Question remains: is this ST line just the standard trimming in piano glossy or is it at totally different look with f.a. meaner diffusers or lower skirts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
in my opinion it is for the AWD the glossy black. But i agree that the ST line hints on sportier looks.

I choose the AWD + technology plus pack because of the total extra added luxury + classy looks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thx for the link! I’m still confused regarding the trimming / styling. In the list it says that the upgraded version (AWD in Europe, Appearance in US) has the ST-line styling pack (see pic below). Question remains: is this ST line just the standard trimming in piano glossy or is it at totally different look with f.a. meaner diffusers or lower skirts?
View attachment 871
I haven’t come across anything here in the states that talked about an ST Line appearance package but that would be awesome. I feel that the Select, Premium, and California Route 1 trims are beautiful but a bit bland. I would love something sportier from the factory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in my opinion it is for the AWD the glossy black. But i agree that the ST line hints on sportier looks.

I choose the AWD + technology plus pack because of the total extra added luxury + classy looks.
Nice combo Rene. If I could afford it I would definitely do it like that as well. But with limited budget I’m trying to get the most of it in terms of look. I could do the AWD (with the standard range) but only if I knew for sure that the STline has a much nicer sportief look. And I’m still not convinced that’s the case.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don’t think that there is anything else that is not shown, so St-line is glossy black. But i certainly mis the front (not required but mostly standard on eu cars) and back fog lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts