Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if Sync4 on the main display integrates in any way with the horizontal display above the wheel. It might be useful to have a focused or subset view closer to your line of site. For example a clip of the map from nav or the current radio station etc.

·
Registered
372 Posts
They integrate in the sense that the presentation of information in the driver instrument display is impacted by the driving mode set on the overall system (whisper, engaged, unbridled). And of course it will show critical data that the driver needs like status of driver assistive systems, remaining range, and so on... I don't remember seeing any photo of it showing navigation maps or steps, but not sure at this point.

I don't think we know much more about it than that, yet.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The answer is maybe. Here are a few instrument cluster screens from early renderings. View attachment 2219
I wouldn't put too much stock in those old renderings; no actual screen shots I have seen nor any information revealed so far suggest that the display behind the wheel will contain such information. With that said, since they have OTA updates available, it is possible for them to add such information in the future if they choose to.

IMHO Ford needs to have some kind of formal feedback mechanism in place to help the car evolve to leverage the built-in flexibility of the OTA capability.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to say, I really like Mercedes MBUX. If they did not make finding the car with the options I wanted so difficult, (and if they had a better reputation for long-term reliability,) I would have purchased one.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
I have to say, I really like Mercedes MBUX. If they did not make finding the car with the options I wanted so difficult, (and if they had a better reputation for long-term reliability,) I would have purchased one.
From all accounts, the Ford Sync4A system in the MMe is supposed to have a similar personalized experience that MBUX offers.

That said, no one outside if Ford has seen it (or, is not under NDA).

There are two things i am waiting to hear from Ford. The first is the Final EPA range estimates. The second is a functional demo of Sync 4a.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts