Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if Sync4 on the main display integrates in any way with the horizontal display above the wheel. It might be useful to have a focused or subset view closer to your line of site. For example a clip of the map from nav or the current radio station etc.

·
Registered
448 Posts
They integrate in the sense that the presentation of information in the driver instrument display is impacted by the driving mode set on the overall system (whisper, engaged, unbridled). And of course it will show critical data that the driver needs like status of driver assistive systems, remaining range, and so on... I don't remember seeing any photo of it showing navigation maps or steps, but not sure at this point.

I don't think we know much more about it than that, yet.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The answer is maybe. Here are a few instrument cluster screens from early renderings. View attachment 2219
I wouldn't put too much stock in those old renderings; no actual screen shots I have seen nor any information revealed so far suggest that the display behind the wheel will contain such information. With that said, since they have OTA updates available, it is possible for them to add such information in the future if they choose to.

IMHO Ford needs to have some kind of formal feedback mechanism in place to help the car evolve to leverage the built-in flexibility of the OTA capability.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to say, I really like Mercedes MBUX. If they did not make finding the car with the options I wanted so difficult, (and if they had a better reputation for long-term reliability,) I would have purchased one.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
I have to say, I really like Mercedes MBUX. If they did not make finding the car with the options I wanted so difficult, (and if they had a better reputation for long-term reliability,) I would have purchased one.
From all accounts, the Ford Sync4A system in the MMe is supposed to have a similar personalized experience that MBUX offers.

That said, no one outside if Ford has seen it (or, is not under NDA).

There are two things i am waiting to hear from Ford. The first is the Final EPA range estimates. The second is a functional demo of Sync 4a.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It does show the upcoming turn and distance to turn if you are using nav. Otherwise it won't show if you're not actively using nav to get somewhere.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The center console is not customizable as of now.
I asked that during test ride but sales person did not know if it was customizable. I didn't see things I wanted like Range and Battery Capacity displayed together. Nav routing, speed, safety indicators, etc. Hard to tell from manual what the center screen displays.

The Ariya screen shot is what I'd like to see.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The only thing customizable on the center screen is dark mode, light mode or auto and the number of lines of presets. The preset number of rows aren't working for me, I change it to 2 but everyone time I start the car again and it's back to the default of 3 rows.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only thing customizable on the center screen is dark mode, light mode or auto and the number of lines of presets. The preset number of rows aren't working for me, I change it to 2 but everyone time I start the car again and it's back to the default of 3 rows.
I change my presets to 4 or 6 and they go back to 3. :-(

·
Registered
2021 FE Carbonized Gray
56 Posts
I change my presets to 4 or 6 and they go back to 3. :-(
are you putting it on under you "profile". if you change something it will not "stick" unless saved under your profile. Will always go back to what ever you had set in your profile, or guest if you have not set one up. After making a change, press the number button on door panel that matches your profile number, then next time you get in car the setting will be as you wanted.

·
Registered
165 Posts
are you putting it on under you "profile". if you change something it will not "stick" unless saved under your profile. Will always go back to what ever you had set in your profile, or guest if you have not set one up. After making a change, press the number button on door panel that matches your profile number, then next time you get in car the setting will be as you wanted.
Thanks, I will try that and see if it works. I was changing the settings under Sirius XM but not saving it by pressing the profile setting on the door. Seems like that would be an important instruction!

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
213 Posts
The new Over The Air (OTA) update is suppose to be released, perhaps as early as tomorrow. Software glitches like the ones described in this thread may be corrected.
Then again, I'm an optimist.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts