Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
None of the cars manufactured for sales to customers or the cars for use as demo units by the dealers have left the assembly plant in Mexico yet.

We all assume it will be soon.....

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yup. Just talked to my dealer friend the other day. His car has been finished for weeks and just sitting there.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Anyone familiar with the shipping logistics? I can't imagine that it would be trucked all the way from Cuautitlan. Would it be by rail? To a costal dock then on a RORO ship?

From a logistics standpoint, it makes much better sense to ship some via rail, and via an RORO ship (rail first to get to the coast). RORO logistics would already be in place/the works for shipping to Europe anyway.

For East coast shipping, The RORO ships would dock from Florida to Boston. I would not at all be surprised our MME orders are delivered in large batches.

An aerial photo of the Cuautitlan plant shows rail cars parked nearby next to what's identified as a shopping mall:

·
Registered
808 Posts
I received the same email with the same new build date. It’s only a week. 🤞🏻
Considering how close that date is too, I figure they're right on top of it and responding to real time changes in the production line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone familiar with the shipping logistics? I can't imagine that it would be trucked all the way from Cuautitlan. Would it be by rail? To a costal dock then on a RORO ship?
My friend at a dealer said that they will use rail to get the vehicles to the mixing station in Kentucky, then put them on other trains to fan out to the country. Then they eventually are put on vehicle haulers (trucks) to the dealers. Don't know if there are other mixing stations other than Kentucky to serve the west coast...perhaps someone can shed more light.

Lots of excitement for this vehicle!

·
Registered
126 Posts
A first sighting of a delivery on Twitter!!

The lucky owner is in Dallas, Texas.

http://instagr.am/p/CJYfNmyFMnd/
Ah damn they beat me to it, My dealer told me I was the first one in Dallas but I haven't picked it up yet.
My car arrived yesterday evening.
I guess ill be like the 4th or 5th person in Dallas,TX with an MME (still pretty kool haha)

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,161 Posts
Ah damn they beat me to it, My dealer told me I was the first one in Dallas but I haven't picked it up yet.
I guess ill be like the 4th or 5th person in Dallas,TX with an MME (still pretty kool haha)
What model?

·
Registered
632 Posts
So the video has the front license plate bracket installed. What's your dealer's practice and did you communicate your preference?

As delivery nears I need to make a decision. Let them drill for the bracket or go with an aftermarket, no drill kit.. none of which I'm too excited about.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So the video has the front license plate bracket installed. What's your dealer's practice and did you communicate your preference?

As delivery nears I need to make a decision. Let them drill for the bracket or go with an aftermarket, no drill kit.. none of which I'm too excited about.
Mine already has the front license plate holder so that ship has sailed. Didn't talk to them in advance. That's prolly on me tho.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts