Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
So the video has the front license plate bracket installed. What's your dealer's practice and did you communicate your preference?

As delivery nears I need to make a decision. Let them drill for the bracket or go with an aftermarket, no drill kit.. none of which I'm too excited about.
Just a word of caution: Please make sure any non-drill license plate bracket does not block the radar, which is located between the air intake louvres at the bottom of the front bumper.

Reactions: JTK44

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
View attachment 3503
Star White Premium RWD Extended
Reserved Nov 18th
Ordered Aug 13th
Well, Ford has kept to its word and delivered ‘late’ 2020! With two days to spare!

Please feel free to bombard us with any and all impressions, pictures, etc.

Congratulations and Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a word of caution: Please make sure any non-drill license plate bracket does not block the radar, which is located between the air intake louvres at the bottom of the front bumper.
I called my Ford dealer in Fort Myers, FL and my Star White Select ordered 7/2/2020 should arrive between 2/3 and 2/8. I specifically asked them not to install a license bracket because we don't have frot plates in Florida.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I called my Ford dealer in Fort Myers, FL and my Star White Select ordered 7/2/2020 should arrive between 2/3 and 2/8. I specifically asked them not to install a license bracket because we don't have frot plates in Florida.
UGH... I hate front plates....

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,221 Posts
Craig's Custom Brackets has a Mach E model that doesn't block the radar:

·
Registered
624 Posts
It's basically double sided tape... right? Any details on long term experience from anyone?

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Yes. Lots of ICE Mustang owners swear by them.
Where would you stick the tape to? The MMe has no overhangs that match the picture shown. The entire lower fascia is off-limits because of parking sensors, the cooling louvres, and the front radar.
Personally, I would need to see it on an actual MMe first to see the fit. But I doubt that will happen before i take delivery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, Ford has kept to its word and delivered ‘late’ 2020! With two days to spare!

How have your first few days gone owning your Mach E?
Anything funny/unexpected? Any glitches? Or anything else those of us who haven’t paid for it yet would want to know?
What are your overall thoughts so far?
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
How have your first few days gone owning your Mach E?
Anything funny/unexpected? Any glitches? Or anything else those of us who haven’t paid for it yet would want to know?
What are your overall thoughts so far?
Thank you!
I was speaking in general. Mine is scheduled to be built next week.

@Stang E , did you pick yours up yet?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Where would you stick the tape to? The MMe has no overhangs that match the picture shown. The entire lower fascia is off-limits because of parking sensors, the cooling louvres, and the front radar.
Personally, I would need to see it on an actual MMe first to see the fit. But I doubt that will happen before i take delivery.
There's a little lip above the Lidar on the bumper. My concern is that the "L bracket" mount is thumb nut screwed onto a mount taped onto this lip (black part below, would be upside down in the install). Also, in the photos the bracket looks like it's 90* so I'm guessing it'll have to be bent to the angle of this lip. My concern is that the plate is basically cantilevered out and any pressure put on it would act against the adhesive. Also, any rain water would "gutter" into the adhesive portion.

I think I'll keep an eye out for and watch carefully someone with an earlier delivery date who installs one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was speaking in general. Mine is scheduled to be built next week.

@Stang E , did you pick yours up yet?
Hey not yet, I'm closing on my home next week. First thing I'm gonna do after i sign the home documents is to go to Sam Packs 5 star Ford.

Warning: long post incoming

I was able to discuss some numbers about my interest rate, trade in value and x plan details when I visited them last week.
Ill let y'all know more and share my impressions in a week.
I driven it around the block and fiddled around with the settings so far.

The only inconveniences I personally have are:
1) The seat belt does not feel as premium as my Chrysler 200 (my current vehicle) it's not a big deal but I can certainly feel the difference when I touch it after years of using my car.
2) my son's stroller fits flat lengthwise in the Chrysler's trunk. I shud have known this but the MME trunk is not long enuff although it is more roomy overall. I will have to keep the stroller upright and rearrange other things. This will just get some getting used to.

Ill put in a separate thread when I have more information so that I can help more EV noobs like myself. I think we all want to know how it is to own it in terms of charging, commuting and so on. I am not there yet.
And as I mentioned earlier these "inconveniences" are just very minor issues I have for now and in no way changes my opinion about this awesome vehicle.

I couldn't sleep one night because I was coming up with the best vanity plate for this car. I don't feel like this for a lot of things. Haha

Again, apologies for the long post. Thank you and congratulations if you made it to the end. May you get your Mach E sooner than when the Ford website thinks you will.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey not yet, I'm closing on my home next week. First thing I'm gonna do after i sign the home documents is to go to Sam Packs 5 star Ford.

I was able to discuss some numbers about my interest rate, trade in value and x plan details when I visited them last week.

1) The seat belt does not feel as premium as my Chrysler 200 (my current vehicle) it's not a big deal but I can certainly feel the difference when I touch it after years of using my car.
2) my son's stroller fits flat lengthwise in the Chrysler's trunk. I shud have known this but the MME trunk is not long enuff although it is more roomy overall. I will have to keep the stroller upright and rearrange other things. This will just get some getting used to.

Ill put in a separate thread when I have more information so that I can help more EV noobs like myself. I think we all want to know how it is to own it in terms of charging, commuting and so on. I am not there yet.
And as I mentioned earlier these "inconveniences" are just very minor issues I have for now and in no way changes my opinion about this awesome vehicle.

I couldn't sleep one night because I was coming up with the best vanity plate for this car. I don't feel like this for a lot of things. Haha

Again, apologies for the long post. Thank you and congratulations if you made it to the end. May you get you Mach E sooner than when the Ford website thinks you will.
That's great news! And no apologies for the long post. The longer the better!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Now that people are getting their Mach-Es delivered we can see what it looks like with the front license plate.

·
Registered
710 Posts

Again, apologies for the long post. Thank you and congratulations if you made it to the end. May you get your Mach E sooner than when the Ford website thinks you will.
can the stroller fit diagonally or is having it upright the only way?

·
Registered
126 Posts
can the stroller fit diagonally or is having it upright the only way?
Didn't try out other possibilities. I kept it upright lengthwise against the back of the seat so as to not puncture the packing material for the add-on floor mats that I chose along with the car which were present in the trunk.
But anyways now I have another reason to visit the dealership again

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
You tape the mounting plate right under the nose, keeping the radar area clear. It will actually place the plate right where the stock bracket does but with no holes. I measured it during the Mach E Tour and worked with Craig to make sure it will fit.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
There's a little lip above the Lidar on the bumper. My concern is that the "L bracket" mount is thumb nut screwed onto a mount taped onto this lip (black part below, would be upside down in the install). Also, in the photos the bracket looks like it's 90* so I'm guessing it'll have to be bent to the angle of this lip. My concern is that the plate is basically cantilevered out and any pressure put on it would act against the adhesive. Also, any rain water would "gutter" into the adhesive portion.

I think I'll keep an eye out for and watch carefully someone with an earlier delivery date who installs one.
View attachment 3582

View attachment 3583
I'll be mounting one on my First Edition in early February.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
You tape the mounting plate right under the nose, keeping the radar area clear. It will actually place the plate right where the stock bracket does but with no holes. I measured it during the Mach E Tour and worked with Craig to make sure it will fit.
View attachment 3607
Fingers crossed! I hope it works out.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'll be mounting one on my First Edition in early February.
They going to be getting a lot of Mach-E owners coming to their site haha. Can't wait to see how it looks @ChasingCoral

21 - 40 of 47 Posts