Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey @Cowherd.J any update on your pickup?

And I just heard from my dealer friend. His Mach-E was supposed to arrive today and... it didn't.

Now Ford is telling him Feb 14-20. Sheesh.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey @Cowherd.J any update on your pickup?

And I just heard from my dealer friend. His Mach-E was supposed to arrive today and... it didn't.

Now Ford is telling him Feb 14-20. Sheesh.
Ford is not doing a good job communicating. Your friend was told this new date just now?

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,269 Posts
This thread makes me really glad Ohio got rid of the front plate requirement!
As a retired LEO I understand why "Coppers" like front plates. Oregon not only required a front plate but it had the expiration sticker like the rear plate. Nevada doesn't require a front plate (AMEN) and 'high-end cars' in California the owners seem to ignore the front plate requirement opting I guess for fix-it tickets instead. I'm planning on getting it in writing that under no circumstances is my MMe to be drilled for a front plate. To paraphrase that 'wise sage' from Top Gear/Grand Tour Jeremy Clarkson, "I would rather burn my nipples off with a blowtorch than mount a front plate", he was referring to driving a Prius.

·
Registered
624 Posts
This thread makes me really glad Ohio got rid of the front plate requirement!
I understand that the manufacturers want a sleek looking front end but more states have a front license plate requirement than not (30 states + DC) including 3 of the top 5 states with most motor vehicles registered (CA, TX, NY).

To deform the front bumper by drilling into it with a metal screw to comply with the law in this states gets an 'F" in my mechanical engineering class. It really would not be that difficult to provide mounting points in the front that doesn't detract in any way from the look of the vehicle when the front plate is not installed, but doesn't require damage to the bumper when it is.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,269 Posts
I understand that the manufacturers want a sleek looking front end but more states have a front license plate requirement than not (30 states + DC) including 3 of the top 5 states with most motor vehicles registered (CA, TX, NY).

To deform the front bumper by drilling into it with a metal screw to comply with the law in this states gets an 'F" in my mechanical engineering class. It really would not be that difficult to provide mounting points in the front that doesn't detract in any way from the look of the vehicle when the front plate is not installed, but doesn't require damage to the bumper when it is.
I've spent considerable time abroad and since the shape of the plates in the US haven't changed since Henry Ford's time perhaps the States could adopt a thin rectangular shape like the EU plates. Given the highly reflective plastics available why not dump the metal plates for a plate that could be affixed to the vehicle using a non paint damaging adhesive similar to the 3M peel away adhesive? Or a reflective window sticker for the passenger side

41 - 47 of 47 Posts