Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a tax credit or rebates on the MME from the dealership or Government. I have looked it up on the government site and the MME Select versions are qualified for rebates but none of Ford dealerships are doing it yet. My Tax person has no knowledge of it for this model. Has anyone claimed it on their Tax's yet? Electric Vehicles | PlugNDrive Buyer's Guide

·
Registered
68 Posts
My understanding is that Doug Ford got rid of all these tax credits....I think in 2018
In Ontario
Unfortunately for those EV-interested drivers in Ontario, the Conservative government under Doug Ford scrapped their Ontario electric car rebate program in September 2018. That’s a shame for those looking to find the cheapest electric vehicle because Ontario offered rebates as high as $14,000, depending on make and model, before “unplugging” the program. The Ontario government claims this move will save taxpayers $1 billion over four years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a shame that people in Ontario can't get rebates for their Ev's anymore B.C. and Quebec still do ( no surprise there) and they cost as much as a sports car and all were all doing is trying to help the environment. Well in any case even if there's no Rebates in Ontario at least I won't be paying for gas especially since I heard when the Carbon tax goes up not many people will be able to afford it anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My understanding is that Doug Ford got rid of all these tax credits....I think in 2018
In Ontario
Unfortunately for those EV-interested drivers in Ontario, the Conservative government under Doug Ford scrapped their Ontario electric car rebate program in September 2018. That’s a shame for those looking to find the cheapest electric vehicle because Ontario offered rebates as high as $14,000, depending on make and model, before “unplugging” the program. The Ontario government claims this move will save taxpayers $1 billion over four years.
The above is true. Our dealership confirmed before our deal was completed just days ago that Premier Ford stopped the rebate program and the Federal program has a limit on the Fed rebate such that only much cheaper, small EV’s qualify. None exist for the Mach E.
In my humble opinion, revenue from the gasoline carbon tax should support an EV rebate program.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts