Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

With the order conversion on its way, I saw that there is now two package for the select:
Technology package which include the CoPilot 360 option
Appearance package which include 19" wheel and black painted roof
Both with power lift gate, heated steering and seat, etc.

Having the Tech pack 300USD/800CAD more than the appearance pack I wonder which one I will choose.

I don't like the 19" wheel that much but the black roof is nice. I wasn't expecting to use the auto pilot feature at first but I'm not sure now.

What do you thing?

·
Registered
574 Posts
One of the big things I am looking for from this car is a better long distance driving experience, so definitely the handsfree update. I'm in my 50's and paying for the way I played sports in my teens with reckless abandon, and the biggest issues I have are back (pole vaulting) and knee (football) pain. With the handsfree I am hoping to be able to stretch and change to different sitting positions to alleviate those. While I do like the look of the black roof, I don't really care for the 19" wheels so it's a no-brainer for me. Having the 360 camera could be nice getting into and around tight places, as would the park assist.

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
211 Posts
One of the big things I am looking for from this car is a better long distance driving experience, so definitely the handsfree update. I'm in my 50's and paying for the way I played sports in my teens with reckless abandon, and the biggest issues I have are back (pole vaulting) and knee (football) pain. With the handsfree I am hoping to be able to stretch and change to different sitting positions to alleviate those. While I do like the look of the black roof, I don't really care for the 19" wheels so it's a no-brainer for me. Having the 360 camera could be nice getting into and around tight places, as would the park assist.
Right there with you except no pole vaulting and I just hit 60 two weeks ago.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in my 70's and I can't blame sports but I was actually at the Woodstock Music Festival in August 1969 and probably did more damage to myself that any sport.:eek:
Only in the 30's and no damage. Only flat foot:p And I basically taking the package because of the heated seat and heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, for me it was college soccer, and road running for years that led to the "body breakdown" and knee replacement, haha......as I have said before, the heated seats in my c max energi were a great feature and got us thru most of our winter here in NJ.....if we needed cabin heat, we used it, but most of the winter the heated seats did the trick.....I don't need most of the tech features, I'm almost 73, a young 73, haha and I have never even used cruise control, including many trips to Texas and Florida from NJ (I don't fly) and I like to drive......so for me the comfort package is the one.....I hope the Mach e has the ease getting in and out that my c max does......our fusion hybrid is a killer getting in and out.....

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
211 Posts
Well, for me it was college soccer, and road running for years that led to the "body breakdown" and knee replacement, haha......as I have said before, the heated seats in my c max energi were a great feature and got us thru most of our winter here in NJ.....if we needed cabin heat, we used it, but most of the winter the heated seats did the trick.....I don't need most of the tech features, I'm almost 73, a young 73, haha and I have never even used cruise control, including many trips to Texas and Florida from NJ (I don't fly) and I like to drive......so for me the comfort package is the one.....I hope the Mach e has the ease getting in and out that my c max does......our fusion hybrid is a killer getting in and out.....
Yeah, I like driving our Fusion Energi, but I like getting in and out of my Escape a lot better. I think the Mustang is going to be several inches lower than the Escape, but hopefully still in the comfortable range.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
Yeah, I like driving our Fusion Energi, but I like getting in and out of my Escape a lot better. I think the Mustang is going to be several inches lower than the Escape, but hopefully still in the comfortable range.
Hopefully the seats are high enough I dont have to make the old-man grunts and growls when getting in and out.

·
Registered
574 Posts
including many trips to Texas and Florida from NJ (I don't fly) and I like to drive
Yowza, that's a loooong drive! My wife's claustrophobia has gotten markedly worse (even with drugs) so we don't fly anymore, and tried taking the train 2 years ago. Even with the biggest sleeper cabin available she had some issues. So now we're limited to cruises (balcony stateroom with big windows she can see out of) or driving (I don't ask why she's ok in the car), which until covid-19 was OK since we are within 2 hours of 3 different cruise ports. There will eventually be a treatment/vaccine for covid-19 so if the cruise lines survive that will once again be an option, but I am REALLY looking forward to a car that I can comfortably drive long distances. The slow-ish 115kw charging will be annoying, but it's far better than back pain for me or panicking for her.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
574 Posts
Someone point me this article.
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/06/18/ford-co-pilot360-technology-adds-hands-free-driving.html
Base on this, we will need to paid an extra even if we have the prep package. The extra cost is still unknown but base on that I think I will go with the appearance package because I don't want to paid an extra 800CAD for something I won't be able to use if I don't paid 10k to unlock the feature...
Yes, that's why it is called a "prep package" and not a "package". Presumably they will announce the price soon, but that's another reason I am waiting until later to convert my reservation to an order. Like you I don't want to spend money on the prep package and then not be able to afford the actual driver assist software.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
Yes, that's why it is called a "prep package" and not a "package". Presumably they will announce the price soon, but that's another reason I am waiting until later to convert my reservation to an order. Like you I don't want to spend money on the prep package and then not be able to afford the actual driver assist software.
I may never purchase the Active Driver Assist, but i’m glad the prep package is included. It may help resale value.
I don’t think the ADA will cost Tesla money, probably more in line with Cadillac (≈$2,500 or less)

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
I may never purchase the Active Driver Assist, but i’m glad the prep package is included. It may help resale value.
I don’t think the ADA won’t cost Tesla money, probably more in line with Cadillac (≈$2,500 or less)
Absolutely in agreement on both points. Tesla is very much like Apple in that they love making things proprietary and then over charging for it. I know, R&D is expensive but ….

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys,

With the order conversion on its way, I saw that there is now two package for the select:
Technology package which include the CoPilot 360 option
Appearance package which include 19" wheel and black painted roof
Both with power lift gate, heated steering and seat, etc.

Having the Tech pack 300USD/800CAD more than the appearance pack I wonder which one I will choose.

I don't like the 19" wheel that much but the black roof is nice. I wasn't expecting to use the auto pilot feature at first but I'm not sure now.

What do you thing?
I am in Florida and have ordered a white Mach E. I like the Appearance package except for the black roof which makes no sense in Florida. Plus it would look awful. Who dreams up these things?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am in Florida and have ordered a white Mach E. I like the Appearance package except for the black roof which makes no sense in Florida. Plus it would look awful. Who dreams up these things?
With the black roof it looks like it has a glass roof, so from a distance looks more like its expensive brethren. Even better, it helps complete the illusion that the roof is shorter/more sloped than it actually is - making a sportier appearance

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had no hesitation on Technology package due to more tech like 360 camera and future hands free driving. I hope Ford will not charge more than $3000 for it. I also liked black roof and 19 inch mags but I figured it is possible to add these after I get the car. I love the look of black roof and I am already looking into wrapping. Check out the picture of this wrapped Lexus :) Looks awesome and it protects the paint too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts