·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
314 Posts
No company has been safe from this pandemic. Who knows how long it's going to take for everyone to bounce back.

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
oh, I just got triggered reading this article.
(Stepping up on the Soapbox... apologies ahead of time)

Factories in China are starting production again, 3 1/2 months after a full country lockdown in February. The US could have been further along in recovery, had they learned lessons and followed suit.
The sorry stance of our Government (at almost every level) of worrying more about money than people at the beginning, now its costing us more in the long run, both in lives and economically.
All the justification arguments are truly sad excuses, ‘no one could have known’ - umm...just look at what was happening overseas, or ‘there must be a balance’ - well, that one is obviously out the window.
Truth is, all manufacturers were making their employees come in, until many workers started to get sick. They justified it by saying ‘the Government guidance says everything is good’ -ignoring the blatantly obvious facts surrounding them.
Hopefully, an upside to this all will be a return of community, of thinking about us all as one, instead of me, me, me. But with people hording supplies and gouging those that need them show many are still greedy, selfish, wastes of creation.
Despite those bottom-feeders, we will persevere. The current unemployment is not from efficiencies or shareholder profits, they are, for many companies, just to survive this crisis. They will need their workers again to restore their businesses to their potential.
so here’s to hoping for a quick recovery!
(Stepping down from the soapbox)

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
87 Posts
Well........

1. We aren't China and we don't forcibly lock people in their homes.
2. There is every reason to believe China lied about the extent of the virus in their country.
3. China didn't tell the world about the virility of the disease until very late.
4. The WHO was telling everyone that closing down travel was not necessary in February of this year.
5. Shutting down the world economy is in some ways worse than war and many people will die as a result. Making this decision is extremely tough to do because the consequences are dire.
6. Millions of people are out of work in the USA and already suffering. What is the consequence of that? How many of those people will get sick or die as a result of their job loss? How many will lose homes and businesses? How many will divorce or be victims of domestic violence? How many are not going to the doctor even if they need care due to the "stay at home" orders or just being scared based on the 24/7 hysteria?

You and I may be fine. Maybe we can focus solely on avoiding this disease. Most in this country and the world are not in the position you and I are in and need a job and a livelihood. There are ways to protect those that are not at high risk and get them back to work. IMO, that is the biggest priority right now and keeping as many employed as possible was the priority from the beginning.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts
Well ... these seem to be the talking points of the President.

I have often told my wealthy friends who are supporters of the President that a tax cut is not very important if you are dead.

Remember only a survivor of a pandemic can come back and fight again another day!

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
87 Posts
Well ... these seem to be the talking points of the President.

I have often told my wealthy friends who are supporters of the President that a tax cut is not very important if you are dead.

Remember only a survivor of a pandemic can come back and fight again another day!
So your answer is not to debate my points, but instead assign political motives to them when I never mentioned any political person or party?

We can all stay at home for the next year and wait for there to be no more coronavirus, but how many millions will have lost there jobs, homes, family, lives in the process while we are waiting?

Care to actually debate how to get this country back or just attack me and ignore everything constructive I actually said?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts