Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Elon just sent all the Tesla owners a software update that includes this light show. The software to do the light show is available open source from Tesla and supposedly can be used by legacy manufacturers or owners that can do the custom programming.

I know nothing about programming, but here's the link for the software

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,912 Posts
Elon just sent all the Tesla owners a software update that includes this light show. The software to do the light show is available open source from Tesla and supposedly can be used by legacy manufacturers or owners that can do the custom programming.

I got a first-hand demo from my son on his Mod. 3 it's quite the show. The headlamps spell out TESLA on the wall. I also enjoyed the outside speaker playing Chuck Berry's Run Run Reindeer when you click on the Reindeer icon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Such a dumb feature, sorry, but this is true.
The link you posted is just an open-source tool to build sequence of the steps you can upload to your car to control lights. Seems like tesla is running out of actual useful features, and spend programmers time on this nonces.
To answer your quest, no, this is not an open software ford can just take and use with their car. Again, this is very stupid feature for a car.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
"Such a dumb feature, sorry, but this is true".
However, it was entertaining, my son's Mod. 3 put on quite a show for the neighborhood kids. Silly, perhaps but intriguing and certainly better than the "Minor Bug Fixes" on the FordPass OTAs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Such a dumb feature, sorry, but this is true.
The link you posted is just an open-source tool to build sequence of the steps you can upload to your car to control lights. Seems like tesla is running out of actual useful features, and spend programmers time on this nonces.
To answer your quest, no, this is not an open software ford can just take and use with their car. Again, this is very stupid feature for a car.
That was just a fun feature that was added, my favorite is the ability to look at the car's camera's in sentry mode and warn people off. There were more than a dozen useful features added, but like the fart sound, it just gets more attention.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Don't need all that....can Ford just give an update so all MME have the same front turn signals regardless of trim?

·
Registered
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 1.6l FWD
8 Posts
Teslas are just computers with seats and wheels, that’s the paradigm shift. They have to comply with regulations, but after that, they are “soft” and functions that weren’t thought of can be added after sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Model Y LR and got this update too. (I also have a Premium 4x LR on order as our second EV). When I showed it to ukulele group I jam with on Saturdays (I play bass) before Christmas, it put a smile on everyone's faces and they wanted to see it a second time. IMHO it's great indirect PR for Tesla.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I have a Model Y LR and got this update too. (I also have a Premium 4x LR on order as our second EV). When I showed it to ukulele group I jam with on Saturdays (I play bass) before Christmas, it put a smile on everyone's faces and they wanted to see it a second time. IMHO it's great indirect PR for Tesla.
I agree, since it's a software 'tweak' and no big deal a little fun never hurts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts