·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Ford better beat Tesla to the bank!

Wow, what purpose would Tesla have other than to stifle the competition. Not good for furthering the future advancement of EVs at all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow, what purpose would Tesla have other than to stifle the competition. Not good for furthering the future advancement of EVs at all.
Their own security is really the only reason. Batteries are already a stop gap and the amount of EVs coming onto the market in the next 5 years is going to be exponential, creating even more scarcity. But you are correct. The battery limitations are a hurdle the EV industry needs to figure out. I think the only real answer is smaller, more efficient batteries, which will happen. Question is, how fast can it happen.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their own security is really the only reason. Batteries are already a stop gap and the amount of EVs coming onto the market in the next 5 years is going to be exponential, creating even more scarcity. But you are correct. The battery limitations are a hurdle the EV industry needs to figure out. I think the only real answer is smaller, more efficient batteries, which will happen. Question is, how fast can it happen.
I don't think battery availability is a problem for Tesla. I have to agree with MachDrive because Chinese manufacturers—along with Tesla, the world's most successful electric-vehicle manufacturer, and Panasonic, its Japanese battery partner—command an 85% share of the global lithium-ion battery market.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't think battery availability is a problem for Tesla. I have to agree with MachDrive because Chinese manufacturers—along with Tesla, the world's most successful electric-vehicle manufacturer, and Panasonic, its Japanese battery partner—command an 85% share of the global lithium-ion battery market.
I've read several articles indicating battery issues are a problem.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts