Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Model Y's official dimensions and weight have been revealed and it seems that it'll be a bit bigger than the Mach-E
  • Overall Length: 187 in or 4,750 mm
  • Overall Width including mirrors: 83.8 in or 2,129 mm
  • Overall Width including folded mirrors: 77.9 in or 1,978 mm
  • Overall Width excluding mirrors: 75.6 in or 1,921 mm
  • Overall Height - coil : 64 in or 1,624 mm
  • Curb Weight Long Range Battery, Dual Motor: 4,416 lbs or 2,003 kg
  • GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) Long Range Battery, Dual Motor: 5,302 lbs or 2,405 kg
  • Gross Vehicle Weight Distribution - Dual Motor: Front 46% and Rear 54%
  • Gross Axle Weight Rating - Front 20" Wheels: 3,005 lbs or 1,363 kg
  • Gross Axle Weight Rating - Rear 20" Wheels: 3,307 lbs or 1500 kg
Tesla Model Y Dimensions

Tesla Model Y Dimensions

Tesla Model Y weight

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Model Y's official dimensions and weight have been revealed and it seems that it'll be a bit bigger than the Mach-E
  • Overall Length: 187 in or 4,750 mm
  • Overall Width including mirrors: 83.8 in or 2,129 mm
  • Overall Width including folded mirrors: 77.9 in or 1,978 mm
  • Overall Width excluding mirrors: 75.6 in or 1,921 mm
  • Overall Height - coil : 64 in or 1,624 mm
  • Curb Weight Long Range Battery, Dual Motor: 4,416 lbs or 2,003 kg
  • GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) Long Range Battery, Dual Motor: 5,302 lbs or 2,405 kg
  • Gross Vehicle Weight Distribution - Dual Motor: Front 46% and Rear 54%
  • Gross Axle Weight Rating - Front 20" Wheels: 3,005 lbs or 1,363 kg
  • Gross Axle Weight Rating - Rear 20" Wheels: 3,307 lbs or 1500 kg
View attachment 1045
View attachment 1046
View attachment 1047
Tesla Model Y looks to be lighter than MME although MME official weights have not been released. If you go to tesla.com you can download the Y's owners manual. Looks like the front and rear motors are different types, rear permanent magnet, and front induction. Anyone know what that is all about? MME has a 3 inch longer wheelbase. Y has longer battery warranty in miles (120k vs 100k). Tesla must be walling off less of there battery pack to the user to increase range and keep the weight of vehicle low. Is Ford being conservative and walling off more of their battery pack from the user or is Tesla just better in efficient use of the battery? (Official EPA numbers have not yet been released for MME).
All batteries lose part of their capacity over time and use, and part of my reason for getting the large pack on my MME is so that if I Iose 30%, I still have decent range left. I'm planning on keeping my MME for a long time!

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
From the videos i have seen, it looks like the MMe interior will have better quality materials and design. The Y looks almost identical to the 3, which I find boring and plastic. The exterior looks okay, like an X and a 3 had a baby. Published dimensions of MMe and Y are near identical, give or take a few mm. The only dimension difference of note is the Y has more boot space (mostly due to an underfloor compartment like the Puma has). The frunk on the MMe looks deeper, but I haven’t found exact dimensions of both.
Now we need to see two production vehicles side-by-side...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@peugfan I think it's fair to say that Tesla has the advantage of developing their batteries for a longer period of time than Ford, but I'm also willing to bet that Ford is being conservative too so that they have a smooth initial production run. It all comes down to testing which will be very interesting to see between the 2.

@MachDrive I'm with you the Mach-E's interior looks so much better than the Model Y. I know some people love Tesla's minimal design, but it doesn't do it for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts