Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don’t care where they build the cybertruck, its the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. At least the Model Y doesn’t hurt my eyes.

Just my opinion, but hey, everyone has different tastes.

PS - This statement is probably causing the Tesla-cultists to have an aneurism.
You are not alone. When I heard Tesla was going to come out with a truck, I was so sure that I was going to order until I saw the truck. I still hope the model we saw was just a prank. I still can't figure out why people would buy a truck, that they may only see in an 80's movie.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are not alone. When I heard Tesla was going to come out with a truck, I was so sure that I was going to order until I saw the truck. I still hope the model we saw was just a prank. I still can't figure out why people would buy a truck, that they may only see in an 80's movie.
To each their own. Does not matter what we think as individuals. There are people upset with using the Mustang name on the Mach-E. There will always be different opinions on everything and anything. I'm sure the Cybertruck will be a big seller. Me, I'll just wait for my Mach-E GT next summer.

·
Registered
218 Posts
De gustibus non est disputandum

I've not seen the Cybertruck up close but I have seen the Rivian R1T at the NYC auto show.

The R1T is really a "lifestyle" vehicle built for suburban/rural people who mostly use it for leisure and a couple of times a year haul some mulch/lumber and bring a barbecue grill or large screen TV home. I suspect most F150 buyers would fall into this category. That said, having seen the R1T bed up close... no way I'm going to be tossing in firewood over the side into that thing. It's just not built as a work truck. In contrast, the Lordstown Endurance is built for the commercial fleet work truck market so I suspect will be tougher. We'll see. Which market is the Cybertruck going after? I'm not sure but I think it's likely to be a "lifestyle" vehicle.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
725 Posts
Just my observation and from what I have read:

Both the Tesla cybertruck and the Honda pick up have sloping sides - higher at the front and lower at the back.

I have been told that is a deal killer: being high at the front you cannot put things over the sides: everything has to loaded from the back. Makes sense to me.

Not having sides parallel to the floor bed I have been told killed the Honda pick up: I suspect people who use a pick up for work, not having parallel side, will be a deal killer for the cybertruck.

Classic case of form (style) over function - but what the hell - what does Musk know about how farmers, mechanics, haulers, etc. use their trucks! Musk designed a truck to look "cool" not practical!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Don’t care where they build the cybertruck, its the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. At least the Model Y doesn’t hurt my eyes.

Just my opinion, but hey, everyone has different tastes.

PS - This statement is probably causing the Tesla-cultists to have an aneurism.
haha

I actually hated the Cybertruck at first, but it's absurdity has grown on me.

The Model Y, however, just puts me to sleep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts