Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tesla finally rolled out its Premium Connectivity Package, which they've been working on since 2013.

The new subscription-based service will cost US$9.99 a month or US$120 a year. Now, the they offer two connectivity packages, Standard and Premium.

For that price you get features like navigation, live traffic visualization, satellite-view maps, video streaming, caraoke, music streaming, and internet browsing. While the standard package only comes with Navigation.

According to Tesla’s official website, vehicles ordered on or before June 30, 2018, will not have to pay for Premium connectivity for the life span of the car or until the owner decides to end the subscription. Tesla owners whose vehicles qualify can choose to cancel Premium Connectivity if they decide to sell their cars. The lifetime subscription will also be canceled if they decide to trade-in their used Tesla.

My big takeaway from all of this is that I hope that Ford doesn't try and do something like this. I'd rather not have to start paying for extras for features after I've bought my car.

·
Registered
399 Posts
To date, Ford's announced several subscription services:
  • SYNC Connect (after 5 years from date of original sale)
  • Wi-Fi Hotspot (after 3 month or 3 GB trial period started)
  • SiriusXM (after trial period)
  • FordPass Charging Network (after 2 years).
I'm okay with this. I'd be upset, though, if some included feature changed into a subscription feature, without reasonable notice prior to the original sale of the vehicle.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To date, Ford's announced several subscription services:
  • SYNC Connect (after 5 years from date of original sale)
  • Wi-Fi Hotspot (after 3 month or 3 GB trial period started)
  • SiriusXM (after trial period)
  • FordPass Charging Network (after 2 years).
I'm okay with this. I'd be upset, though, if some included feature changed into a subscription feature, without reasonable notice prior to the original sale of the vehicle.
Agreed, I really hope that they don't start changing features all of a sudden. Of those services I'd only really use SYNC Connect and FordPass. the WiFi and Sat Radio I can live without.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts