Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mach-E owners can save up to $13,000 over the span of 5-years according to Ford.
That numbers comes from a cost savings tool they provide that helps to figure what actual numbers might be like, after entering your annual mileage, your annual MPG, fuel price (gallons) and electricity price (kwh). It also factors in the $7,500 federal tax incentive and annual maintenance cost of $285, typical of a gasoline vehicle.
It would be great if everyone can plug in their numbers and compare first year potential savings and savings over 5 years. From that i'm sure we'll find out more accurate averages.

Cost Savings Tool: 2021 Ford® Mustang Mach-E SUV | All-Electric & Exhilarating (scroll to bottom of page)

ford mustang mach-e cost of ownership

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine shows $8,306/$11,530 (1yr/5yr). But I'm retired and don't drive a lot, making a BEV less advantageous and more of a splurge purchase for me.

Of course, "savings" is a nebulous term here. I normally wouldn't be buying a $60,000 car so it's really costing me more in total. I'd probably be targeting an ICE vehicle in the $35k-$40k range. I just like the idea of having one BEV to pair with one ICE vehicle in the household, and the Mach-e looks like a cool choice. (And we like Ford.)

I probably wouldn't be seriously considering the Mach-e without the $7500 federal tax credit (and the $2500 state tax credit). Also need to remember that the sales tax, registration fees, etc will be based on the full price. $53,700 really becomes $60,000 after D/H, delivery charge, sales tax, and registration. Then subtract the $10k in fed/state tax credits next April.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This calculator doesn't make sense to me.

It doesn't account for the cost of buying the Mach-E vs. your alternative option (keeping existing car, or buying some other car).

It also doesn't let you adjust things like annual maintenance. The only annual maintenance items I can think of that aren't applicable to BEVs are oil changes. That's just once a year for my current car, or about $30 annually for semi-synthetic done at the Ford QuickLane.

Anyway, it shows about $12,000 (in between two of their mileage options) savings over five years for me, for whatever that's worth.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This calculator doesn't make sense to me.

It doesn't account for the cost of buying the Mach-E vs. your alternative option (keeping existing car, or buying some other car).

It also doesn't let you adjust things like annual maintenance. The only annual maintenance items I can think of that aren't applicable to BEVs are oil changes. That's just once a year for my current car, or about $30 annually for semi-synthetic done at the Ford QuickLane.

Anyway, it shows about $12,000 (in between two of their mileage options) savings over five years for me, for whatever that's worth.
mine is based on 25,000 miles and 3.77 for gas which is WAY higher here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts