Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have not yet received my Mach E. But the list of items I am planning on buying for my new baby continues to grow. And so do my husbands eye rolls. What has everyone else done/planning on doing? Cost? Would you do it again?

MY LIST
-PPF Front hood, bumper, quarter panels and mirrors.
-Graphine coating. I will do myself.
-Cermaic tint all glass.
-Folding front windshield shade.
-Matte screen protectors for both screens.
-I also ordered the all weather mats with my order.

It could take a while. 😂

·
Registered
276 Posts
I tinted my side and rear window and put a UV tint (not shaded though) on the front windshield. I would like to powder coat my rims, looking into that now. For me, a front window shade isn't necessary because I have that UV tint. I have the Mach-E floor mats, super cool and useful. And actually decently priced.

Next big thing is to get a hitch but I want one that is completely hidden where the receiver can be removed. Ecohitch doesn't have this one available yet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the interior sunshade on the roof glass and it does cut down on the heat, especially when you put your hand next to the glass. I just got the hood deflector and I'm so so about it. Removing the plastic protection film was probably the longest and most frustrating part of the installation. I also have the infotainment and driver information display films and it does cut down on fingerprints but it still gets dusty. I bought one of those yellow handheld dusters and I keep it in the car and occasionally run it across the screens and dash to pick up dust.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have the interior sunshade on the roof glass and it does cut down on the heat, especially when you put your hand next to the glass. I just got the hood deflector and I'm so so about it. Removing the plastic protection film was probably the longest and most frustrating part of the installation. I also have the infotainment and driver information display films and it does cut down on fingerprints but it still gets dusty. I bought one of those yellow handheld dusters and I keep it in the car and occasionally run it across the screens and dash to pick up dust.
I drove around this afternoon in 95 degree temps which is normal for this time of year, I felt the outside of the panoramic roof as compared to the inside, Certainly by feel the inside felt less warm than the outside. But what I really noticed a couple inches away from the roof on the inside and didn't feel the heat radiating that I would've expected.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the interior sunshade on the roof glass and it does cut down on the heat, especially when you put your hand next to the glass. I just got the hood deflector and I'm so so about it. Removing the plastic protection film was probably the longest and most frustrating part of the installation. I also have the infotainment and driver information display films and it does cut down on fingerprints but it still gets dusty. I bought one of those yellow handheld dusters and I keep it in the car and occasionally run it across the screens and dash to pick up dust. View attachment 5784
Why did you remove the ppf?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I drove around this afternoon in 95 degree temps which is normal for this time of year, I felt the outside of the panoramic roof as compared to the inside, Certainly by feel the inside felt less warm than the outside. But what I really noticed a couple inches away from the roof on the inside and didn't feel the heat radiating that I would've expected.
where did you get the interior glass moonroof sunshade Im certainly going to need it here in South Texas

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the interior sunshade on the roof glass and it does cut down on the heat, especially when you put your hand next to the glass. I just got the hood deflector and I'm so so about it. Removing the plastic protection film was probably the longest and most frustrating part of the installation. I also have the infotainment and driver information display films and it does cut down on fingerprints but it still gets dusty. I bought one of those yellow handheld dusters and I keep it in the car and occasionally run it across the screens and dash to pick up dust. View attachment 5784
How long did it take to get your HOV stickers? Sent my request 5/1.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
where did you get the interior glass moonroof sunshade Im certainly going to need it here in South Texas
sorry for the confusion, I actually meant I didn't get the sunshade and haven't felt the need to get one. This is the shade people are talking about it looks like a clean neat install Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Roof Sunshade

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
sorry for the confusion, I actually meant I didn't get the sunshade and haven't felt the need to get one. This is the shade people are talking about it looks like a clean neat install Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Roof Sunshade
just ordered the sunshade......no vehicle to put it on.........but someday ! THANKS

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
LOL I waited 17 weeks from ordering and it finally came a couple weeks ago, thoroughly enjoying it.
WoW...Im just going on 6 weeks for mine in Rapid Red with extended range battery....sounds like Ill be lucky to get it this year....... makes me wonder if it will be a 2021 or 2022. I've heard NOTHING from Ford after 6 weeks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Totally agree

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
WoW...Im just going on 6 weeks for mine in Rapid Red with extended range battery....sounds like Ill be lucky to get it this year....... makes me wonder if it will be a 2021 or 2022. I've heard NOTHING from Ford after 6 weeks
Make that 16 weeks nxt week.....still not a word

·
Registered
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
99 Posts
Make that 16 weeks nxt week.....still not a word
I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or worse, but I waited 7 months for my RR ER MME. Within a day I received a confirmation of order from Ford and from my dealership, a survey a couple weeks after ordering, and an email three months after ordering that provided me with my build date, which was set for 2.5 months later. There isn't a lot of communication, but the notice of build date gives you something to look forward to. Hopefully you'll get that notice soon.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or worse, but I waited 7 months for my RR ER MME. Within a day I received a confirmation of order from Ford and from my dealership, a survey a couple weeks after ordering, and an email three months after ordering that provided me with my build date, which was set for 2.5 months later. There isn't a lot of communication, but the notice of build date gives you something to look forward to. Hopefully you'll get that notice soon.
Thank's..........
ANYTHING from Ford would be a plus!
Not hearing anything for this long makes me wonder if Im even on "The List "

1 - 20 of 20 Posts