Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Administrator
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Once you have taken delivery, please join us and enter the following information about your new Mach-E:

Step 1
: Complete Short Form Here
Step 2: Confirm entry in this discussion thread, preferably with a photo of your new Mach-E!
Step 3: View Results

A few reasons to join the effort:
  • The last 6 digits of the Mach-E VIN comprise a sequential identifier. To track any issues from particular build dates, it may be useful to gather these numbers and compare if/when any issues arise.
  • Confirming the locations of the delivered orders will help facilitate regional groups and events
  • Comparing the configurations of delivered vehicles as time goes on vs. the configurations of orders by early adopters
  • Community. After waiting so long for the Mach-E, it is great to see the cars finally delivered.
Ford Mustang Mach-E VIN Decoder:
Ford Mustang Mach-E owner's registry

·
Registered
864 Posts
I was just checking out the data here from everyone who has actually taken delivery so far and there is only one actual First Edition. Odd.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make that 2 First Editions :)
I went through the process of resetting the driving history and like others my estimated mileage went to 220 ... which still seems well below the 270 I have seen as Ford's estimated mileage.
Curious if anyone knows why there would be such a difference from what my car is telling me vs what Ford is advertising?

·
Registered
3 Posts
At this point I can say the car needs to understand my driving better... maybe???
I've been utilizing the one pedal mode in Engaged mode, which I have been very happy with so far.
Definitely need to put more miles on the car but for local short trips i have been able to drive several miles without my estimated miles reducing as much as I have driven, so for a 10 mile drive my estimated mileage only went down about 5 miles. Now that I have reset the driving history it will be interesting to see how the numbers est vs actual compare on my next adventure. I am also in Michigan so my car tells me that when it is cold outside I should plug it in when not in use, wonder what it will say on our 90+ degree summer days....

·
Super Moderator
2,786 Posts
Ford is super-conservative with their estimates.

Just drive normally and charge as you would. Leave the car plugged in on super-cold nights. Precondition heat/cooling while the car is plugged in prior to driving. The more you drive and your habits are learned, the estimated range will start to match you.

·
Registered
864 Posts
At this point I can say the car needs to understand my driving better... maybe???
I've been utilizing the one pedal mode in Engaged mode, which I have been very happy with so far.
Definitely need to put more miles on the car but for local short trips i have been able to drive several miles without my estimated miles reducing as much as I have driven, so for a 10 mile drive my estimated mileage only went down about 5 miles. Now that I have reset the driving history it will be interesting to see how the numbers est vs actual compare on my next adventure. I am also in Michigan so my car tells me that when it is cold outside I should plug it in when not in use, wonder what it will say on our 90+ degree summer days....
Keep us posted on how the numbers are reported that you have reset the driving history.
And Welcome to the forum @2Ponies

·
Registered
38 Posts
After Driving history reset, I got am estimated 350km from an expected 435km... Now temperature may be the cause, but I had the car plugged-in for over 24 hours, and estimatiomn went down to 325km, temperature not bein an issue. I hope to get better results this week, when I have a chance to use it more...

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is weird! After I reset driver history, I got an estimated 350km. I didn't used the car for 2 days but left it plugged. Estimate went down to 310km.... I also had the bad surprise that the portable disk drive I bought to store my music is not compatible with the car :( I will have to rely on USB keys, which does work fine :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
@Administrator I see a new addition to the owners registry. a pie graph. may I suggest adding another graph based on the color of MME that folks have picked up. I know we cant create the exact color shade the car comes in but it will still be cool to visualize this data I think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All, I'm posting right below miked47a because I test drove(24 hours) one like Mike's and ordered the same... due in NC ~3.8.21 :) I ordered mine on 7.17.20. WHAT A GREAT VEHICLE !!! The fit and finish is better than my friend's Tesla S and the performance is like a rocket ship... can't wait... it'll be like Christmas ? My question is this... Beyond the electrical outlet ( 110 v or 240 v) do I need any other device ? I found in the back trunk of the Mach-e a charging cord with a box with the Ford insignia and two adaptor fittings ( 1-110 v, 1-240 v).
So, my conclusion is that all I need is a 240 v 48 amp outlet in my garage for a level 2 charging set-up ? I have learned from others that for the 48 amp hook-up I need to install at least a 60 amp wire and box. 48 amp times 1.25 = 60 amp circuit. Please can anyone tell me that I'm on the right track ? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,786 Posts
Hi All, I'm posting right below miked47a because I test drove(24 hours) one like Mike's and ordered the same... due in NC ~3.8.21 :) I ordered mine on 7.17.20. WHAT A GREAT VEHICLE !!! The fit and finish is better than my friend's Tesla S and the performance is like a rocket ship... can't wait... it'll be like Christmas ? My question is this... Beyond the electrical outlet ( 110 v or 240 v) do I need any other device ? I found in the back trunk of the Mach-e a charging cord with a box with the Ford insignia and two adaptor fittings ( 1-110 v, 1-240 v).
So, my conclusion is that all I need is a 240 v 48 amp outlet in my garage for a level 2 charging set-up ? I have learned from others that for the 48 amp hook-up I need to install at least a 60 amp wire and box. 48 amp times 1.25 = 60 amp circuit. Please can anyone tell me that I'm on the right track ? Thanks.
The included EVSE can only use 30 amps, which gives you about 20 miles range per hour.

However, the MMe’s built-in 11.5 kW charger can use up a to 48a EVSE, which is purchased separately. Then you get about 30 miles range per hour.

Here is a link to another thread on home charging:

·
Registered
Loving My First Edition MME in Rapid Red!!
117 Posts
The included EVSE can only use 30 amps, which gives you about 20 miles range per hour.

However, the MMe’s built-in 11.5 kW charger can use up a to 48a EVSE, which is purchased separately. Then you get about 30 miles range per hour.

Here is a link to another thread on home charging:

I did end up getting a JuiceBox 40 with a great rebate through my utility company and I am very happy with the smart features. In NY there is also a tax credit for a percentage of the unit and installation. The unit was about $200 after rebate and installation of a 48 amp outlet was about $400.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think you and I used the same electrician. PRK construction out of Olivebridge?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
He's fantastic! I would recommend him in a heartbeat.
When he installed mine, he mentioned that he had just installed the same charger for someone who ordered the Mach E in red. You mentioned your dealer and the Central Hudson rebate so I guessed it might have been you.

Yep, very neat, tidy work. Highly recommend for anyone in the Dutchess/Ulster area.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 101 Posts