Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi All, I'm posting right below miked47a because I test drove(24 hours) one like Mike's and ordered the same... due in NC ~3.8.21 :) I ordered mine on 7.17.20. WHAT A GREAT VEHICLE !!! The fit and finish is better than my friend's Tesla S and the performance is like a rocket ship... can't wait... it'll be like Christmas ? My question is this... Beyond the electrical outlet ( 110 v or 240 v) do I need any other device ? I found in the back trunk of the Mach-e a charging cord with a box with the Ford insignia and two adaptor fittings ( 1-110 v, 1-240 v).
So, my conclusion is that all I need is a 240 v 48 amp outlet in my garage for a level 2 charging set-up ? I have learned from others that for the 48 amp hook-up I need to install at least a 60 amp wire and box. 48 amp times 1.25 = 60 amp circuit. Please can anyone tell me that I'm on the right track ? Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The included EVSE can only use 30 amps, which gives you about 20 miles range per hour.

However, the MMe’s built-in 11.5 kW charger can use up a to 48a EVSE, which is purchased separately. Then you get about 30 miles range per hour.

Here is a link to another thread on home charging:

RJ says thanks. Since I purchased the standard battery, getting 20 mi. per charging hour is all that I need for an over night charge. 10 hours= 200 miles which will fill my tank and I don't want to spend the extra $ right now. However, I do want to install a 48 amp 240 v outlet so when Ford gets to ~ 500 miles of range, I'll be wired to handle it. So, would there be a problem using Ford's standard cord on a 48 amp circuit ? Thanks RJ :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
RJ says thanks. Since I purchased the standard battery, getting 20 mi. per charging hour is all that I need for an over night charge. 10 hours= 200 miles which will fill my tank and I don't want to spend the extra $ right now. However, I do want to install a 48 amp 240 v outlet so when Ford gets to ~ 500 miles of range, I'll be wired to handle it. So, would there be a problem using Ford's standard cord on a 48 amp circuit ? Thanks RJ :)
Hi All,

Got my MME on 3.23.21 in Southern Pines NC. Great vehicle !!! Even my wife ( not a car person) likes it and has mastered the one pedal driving. I've ridden in and have driven Teslas and this Mach-e is much better with the fit and finish of the car.I installed a level 2 charger in the garage ($ 400) and it is working well. (Not sure why the photo is upside down, but if you click on the image it will rightsize) HAPPY MOTORING 🚗 😀 RWJ1414

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts