Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Ford is super-conservative with their estimates.

Just drive normally and charge as you would. Leave the car plugged in on super-cold nights. Precondition heat/cooling while the car is plugged in prior to driving. The more you drive and your habits are learned, the estimated range will start to match you.

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Hi All, I'm posting right below miked47a because I test drove(24 hours) one like Mike's and ordered the same... due in NC ~3.8.21 :) I ordered mine on 7.17.20. WHAT A GREAT VEHICLE !!! The fit and finish is better than my friend's Tesla S and the performance is like a rocket ship... can't wait... it'll be like Christmas ? My question is this... Beyond the electrical outlet ( 110 v or 240 v) do I need any other device ? I found in the back trunk of the Mach-e a charging cord with a box with the Ford insignia and two adaptor fittings ( 1-110 v, 1-240 v).
So, my conclusion is that all I need is a 240 v 48 amp outlet in my garage for a level 2 charging set-up ? I have learned from others that for the 48 amp hook-up I need to install at least a 60 amp wire and box. 48 amp times 1.25 = 60 amp circuit. Please can anyone tell me that I'm on the right track ? Thanks.
The included EVSE can only use 30 amps, which gives you about 20 miles range per hour.

However, the MMe’s built-in 11.5 kW charger can use up a to 48a EVSE, which is purchased separately. Then you get about 30 miles range per hour.

Here is a link to another thread on home charging:

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
RJ says thanks. Since I purchased the standard battery, getting 20 mi. per charging hour is all that I need for an over night charge. 10 hours= 200 miles which will fill my tank and I don't want to spend the extra $ right now. However, I do want to install a 48 amp 240 v outlet so when Ford gets to ~ 500 miles of range, I'll be wired to handle it. So, would there be a problem using Ford's standard cord on a 48 amp circuit ? Thanks RJ :)
From what I understand, a 14-50 outlet should not be on a circuit more than 50amps.

60amps and above are hardwired applications. (As is my ChargePoint Flex)

If you are looking to upgrade that circuit to 60 amps in the future, then it will depend on the wire gauge. Check with your electrician.

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Aloha, meet "Pote", my wife's new MME FE, which is named after the character played by Hemky Madera on the series "Queen of the South" Just like Hemky's character my wife's Pote is strong and commands attention wherever he goes. And as you can see, Pote loves the sun and beaches here in Hawaii! Oh, don't feel bad for me; I drive a 2019 Jaguar I-Pace. Can you guess my car's name? If you guessed "Teresita", the "Queen of the South" character played by Alice Braga Moraes, then you are correct. My wife's Pote is the perfect protector for my Teresita! I have one request for you guys, don't rat me out over on the I-Pace Fourm; I must admit that the MME is a far superior build than the I-Pace. We hope that you like the pictures!

A few words on how Pote found his way to our garage. We didn't pre-order him. Out of the blue, I called my local Ford dealership and asked if they had any MMEs on the lot. To my surprise they had 2 and both were available. I had been kicking myself for months for not pre-ordering! Had I pre-ordered, I would have ordered this exact configuration. My wife says that Pote was meant to be ours (I meant to say hers); we are so happy that we (she) found our (her) perfect MME!

Aloha! View attachment 4907 View attachment 4908
Amazing! And excellent pictures accompanying a wonderful story. Please share more among the many discussion threads as you enjoy life with the MMe!

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
I don't think there is a tech reason. I leave it on all the time and the biggest issue is balancing the accelerator when coming off cruise control (so you don't slam on the "brakes" exiting the highway), which took me about two tries to perfect.
If you are using one-pedal, you must depress the accelerator some prior to disengaging cruise. This avoids the sudden deceleration.

As for me, I get better economy with my standard two-pedal driving. I’ve driven Ford hybrids for 11 years, and I am used to squeezing the miles out. I also find needing to maintain pressure on the accelerator to keep the vehicle in motion quite annoying. Hey, its a personal thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts