Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
View attachment 5071

Took delivery Saturday evening, and got my bike in the back for a ride the next day. So nice to not have to hang it off the back of my trunk. Next up, attach the eco-hitch I already received!
Woo hoo! Was your delivery date as expected? mine is scheduled for production week of 4/4 (last week) but no update on when it will be delivered. Congrats!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Woo hoo! Was your delivery date as expected? mine is scheduled for production week of 4/4 (last week) but no update on when it will be delivered. Congrats!
It came on the last day of the range of expected delivery dates. Pretty much one month to the day after the ship date. This was to get to Northern CA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
RJ says thanks. Since I purchased the standard battery, getting 20 mi. per charging hour is all that I need for an over night charge. 10 hours= 200 miles which will fill my tank and I don't want to spend the extra $ right now. However, I do want to install a 48 amp 240 v outlet so when Ford gets to ~ 500 miles of range, I'll be wired to handle it. So, would there be a problem using Ford's standard cord on a 48 amp circuit ? Thanks RJ :)
Hi All,

Got my MME on 3.23.21 in Southern Pines NC. Great vehicle !!! Even my wife ( not a car person) likes it and has mastered the one pedal driving. I've ridden in and have driven Teslas and this Mach-e is much better with the fit and finish of the car.I installed a level 2 charger in the garage ($ 400) and it is working well. (Not sure why the photo is upside down, but if you click on the image it will rightsize) HAPPY MOTORING 🚗 😀 RWJ1414

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got Illinipony today!!! Infinite Blue with Space Grey interior; AWD; SR battery at a dealer in Shorewood IL. I bought Illinipony off their lot and canceled my Mach E on order. It has not even been scheduled for a production week on the Ford Order web site and I ordered it October 12th!! Now we are all finding out about Infinite Blue being discontinued which means Illinipony wouldn't have been that color and that would have broken my wife's heart. I received a full refund of my deposit ($500 credited to my credit card account). It all worked out in the end and we're both happy our waiting is finally over!

Picture of me alongside my new 2021 Mustang Mach E (aka Illinipony) on 4-15-2021 at the Ford dealer.

EDIT 5-31-21: My original car was produced around 5-25 (finally) and shipped on 5-28. They honored my order of Infinite Blue Metallic. I posted the car was available on here and it has been reserved by a member of this board who will pick it up at Terry's Ford in Peotone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I take possession Monday. If the dealer let me camp beside my Mach-e I would.

Also, I am the proud owner of the URL: mach-e.ca

DaWeiMan on Twitter:
"Mine.
2021 Ford Mustang MachE Select All-electric SUV
My first brand new car. Thirteen months ago I put a deposit of $5000 down and now it's here. I hope to have this car for 10-17 years.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
148 Posts

DaWeiMan on Twitter:
"Mine.
My first brand new car. Thirteen months ago I put a deposit of $5000 down and now it's here. I hope to have this car for 10-17 years.
View attachment 5124
There is no reason why it won't last that long.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,228 Posts

DaWeiMan on Twitter:
"Mine.
View attachment 5124
17 years, send me a birthday card for my 90th👴

·
Registered
4 Posts
I turned it off for now 😬
We weren't sure about using 1 pedal driving either, then we tried it. Actually, it's extremely easy once you're used to it. Plus, it helps regen the battery. A side benefit for longer drives, it lessens foot movement back/forth from accelerator to break. This is minor...but to me, anything that helps is welcome. Before we got the car had seen several reviews (YouTube) and many trashed 1 pedal driving, at least on the Mach e. It's worth trying for several days in order to fully get it and decide whether or not it's for you and your driving preferences.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
We weren't sure about using 1 pedal driving either, then we tried it. Actually, it's extremely easy once you're used to it. Plus, it helps regen the battery. A side benefit for longer drives, it lessens foot movement back/forth from accelerator to break. This is minor...but to me, anything that helps is welcome. Before we got the car had seen several reviews (YouTube) and many trashed 1 pedal driving, at least on the Mach e. It's worth trying for several days in order to fully get it and decide whether or not it's for you and your driving preferences.
What's to trash? It's my favorite feature. I haven't used my brakes very much in two + months of driving.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I love one pedal. For the record, the MME uses a blended braking system and it will always max out regen before applying the conventional brakes, even if you're pressing the brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Speaking of 'One Pedal' when traveling on a Hwy. with Adaptive Cruise engaged what is the general consensus on leaving One Pedal engaged or disengaged and why if there is a tech. reason?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Speaking of 'One Pedal' when traveling on a Hwy. with Adaptive Cruise engaged what is the general consensus on leaving One Pedal engaged or disengaged and why if there is a tech. reason?
I don't think there is a tech reason. I leave it on all the time and the biggest issue is balancing the accelerator when coming off cruise control (so you don't slam on the "brakes" exiting the highway), which took me about two tries to perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I don't think there is a tech reason. I leave it on all the time and the biggest issue is balancing the accelerator when coming off cruise control (so you don't slam on the "brakes" exiting the highway), which took me about two tries to perfect.
I've left in on but on one of the road reviews (I think) they turned it off so I've been curious as to what the "Forum crowd" has been doing

·
Super Moderator
2,794 Posts
If you are using one-pedal, you must depress the accelerator some prior to disengaging cruise. This avoids the sudden deceleration.

As for me, I get better economy with my standard two-pedal driving. I’ve driven Ford hybrids for 11 years, and I am used to squeezing the miles out. I also find needing to maintain pressure on the accelerator to keep the vehicle in motion quite annoying. Hey, its a personal thing.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
61 - 80 of 103 Posts