Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we made reservations and given seemingly sequential reservation numbers according to reservation date (and I think model played into it because some reservation numbers were not sequential). Now we are ordering but we are ordering out on line, so to speak, compared to our reservation numbers. Seems we are keeping our reservation numbers for order numbers but we have until New Years to put our order in.

Does anyone have a good feel for how the actual delivery times will occur? If I am number 30,000 for my reservation and order today but number 20,000 and does not put their order in until July 30th, would I move ahead of them for production or would I keep getting bumped later by earlier reservation holders all the way until the end of December?

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
This is my belief, i could be wrong.

• Orders will be taken to fill the factory manufacturing dockets, be they reservations or new orders.
  • my guess is the first docket would be issued July 31. They will arrange everyone at this time to see build orders. Dockets are not just based on order date, they are also based on trim levels, availability of components, etc. At this point, some of us would be given build dates. the production line will start. Ford will not wait until all reservation holders figure out what they want to do.
  • prioritization would be given to reservation holders (in reservation order) who have converted to orders, and then new orders to fill the docket.
  • if you miss one build docket, you will be put on the next one following the same process.
  • If you haven’t ordered by the time they run out of batteries, you will be waiting until next year.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgandy Velvet Platinum
338 Posts
This is my belief, i could be wrong.

• Orders will be taken to fill the factory manufacturing dockets, be they reservations or new orders.
  • my guess is the first docket would be issued July 31. They will arrange everyone at this time to see build orders. Dockets are not just based on order date, they are also based on trim levels, availability of components, etc. At this point, some of us would be given build dates. the production line will start. Ford will not wait until all reservation holders figure out what they want to do.
  • prioritization would be given to reservation holders (in reservation order) who have converted to orders, and then new orders to fill the docket.
  • if you miss one build docket, you will be put on the next one following the same process.
  • If you haven’t ordered by the time they run out of batteries, you will be waiting until next year.
Makes sense, since I could not believe Ford would hold up production waiting for a lower reservation number to get around to putting in an order. Also some of the lower reservation numbers are for trims that are not due out for release until a later date

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My reservation number is 34xxx. Assuming 1/3 of orders are for the GT which won’t start production until spring time, that would put me in the first 20,000 made. Assuming another 5,000-10,000 are select which also doesn’t start production until after New Years, doesn’t that put me in the first 10,000-15,000 mach-e’s produced? Plus, cancellations and those that do not convert their reservations right away, I move even earlier.
Am I thinking correctly?
first 4,000 for dealers
Next 5,000 for FE’s
then 5,000+ for Premiums

conservatively thunking they make 4,100 per month starting in September they should make 16,400 by New Years. Mine should be made maybe by Christmas.

sound reasonable?

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
My reservation number is 34xxx. Assuming 1/3 of orders are for the GT which won’t start production until spring time, that would put me in the first 20,000 made. Assuming another 5,000-10,000 are select which also doesn’t start production until after New Years, doesn’t that put me in the first 10,000-15,000 mach-e’s produced? Plus, cancellations and those that do not convert their reservations right away, I move even earlier.
Am I thinking correctly?
first 4,000 for dealers
Next 5,000 for FE’s
then 5,000+ for Premiums

conservatively thunking they make 4,100 per month starting in September they should make 16,400 by New Years. Mine should be made maybe by Christmas.

sound reasonable?
I guess it all depends on the incoming orders.
The Cuautitlán Plant can produce upwards of 20,000+ per month. So 4,100 is a easy number to hit.

Also, the Ford site has changed, and it now says all versions “available late 2020” and only the GT says 2021.
If you order your MMe by July 30, I believe there is a good chance you will see it this year.
Fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts