Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even after reading many posts, I remain totally mystified about the whole process. I ordered my car last weekend and of course after reading the posts, I am not sure I will see my car this decade. I ordered a premium AWD. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Even after reading many posts, I remain totally mystified about the whole process. I ordered my car last weekend and of course after reading the posts, I am not sure I will see my car this decade. I ordered a premium AWD. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Honestly, nobody here knows. There are best guesses regarding production times, but that's it for later orders. I'd be confident that Ford wouldn't be taking orders for cars they can't build though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Did you actually fill an order at a dealer and sign a contract? Or just pre-order?

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts
Honestly, nobody here knows. There are best guesses regarding production times, but that's it for later orders. I'd be confident that Ford wouldn't be taking orders for cars they can't build though.
From all accounts, things are going slow because they are waiting for all the regulatory (internal and external) approvals. Production will ramp up as needed.

Fords manufacturing know-how is impressive. They produce a new F-150 at the rate of one every 53 seconds. The Cuautitlan plant is capable of producing hundreds of thousands of vehicles each year.

I have a feeling once things get going, the only thing that will hold back production is commodity availability. Production rates usually run to keep the line moving. It is very costly to restart a line from full idle.

At end-November, we shall see how many units made it to customers hands. But don't just extrapolate this out to give yourself an estimate.

For that, I would use first month’s total from the second quarter of production (the fourth month sales, Feb 2021). Barring any unforeseen dilemmas.

·
Registered
628 Posts
@MCM, did you at least get the email from Ford confirming your reservation? Is it showing up on your owner.ford.com account? Calling the support line Ford has setup for MME owners could also be a good first step. Also mind sharing your order number?... It might help us help you.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,008 Posts
If this was an October order with no prior reservation, the car is unlikely to be delivered before April and will probably be delivered Summer 2021.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you actually fill an order at a dealer and sign a contract? Or just pre-order?
I went to the dealer and was told I would have to order online which I did that same day, this past Saturday. Still waiting on the dealer to accept the order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@MCM, did you at least get the email from Ford confirming your reservation? Is it showing up on your owner.ford.com account? Calling the support line Ford has setup for MME owners could also be a good first step. Also mind sharing your order number?... It might help us help you.
I did receive an email from Ford and can find the order # on the Ford website. Is sharing an order # a wise thing to do???? Pardon my question but I am new to this.... but not so new to the internet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I went to the dealer and was told I would have to order online which I did that same day, this past Saturday. Still waiting on the dealer to accept the order.
The dealer has to go into their system and accept the order. Sometimes it takes the dealer a day or two, but some times they need to be nudged.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I did receive an email from Ford and can find the order # on the Ford website. Is sharing an order # a wise thing to do???? Pardon my question but I am new to this.... but not so new to the internet.
Many have done it. It doesn't mean much though, what's more important is reservation/order date when it comes to scheduling for production.

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts
You don’t have to share anything here.
Many people indicate their order numbers by replacing the lower numbers with x’s, example: 1045xxxx. It’s totally up to you.

Never share your full name, email, account number, or other personal identifying information on any internet system or social media.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don’t have to share anything here.
Many people indicate their order numbers by replacing the lower numbers with x’s, example: 1045xxxx. It’s totally up to you.

Never share your full name, email, account number, or other personal identifying information on any internet system or social media.
How will that help, me replying with my order, with the last four redacted?

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts
How will that help, me replying with my order, with the last four redacted?
Its just a crowd sourcing exercise.

Like I wrote before. you don’t have to post any information at all. you can keep your eyes on the forums as members may voluntarily share their order number range and scheduling dates. If the community posts they are getting scheduled and you know the order ranges, it will give you an idea of how close they are getting to you.

·
Registered
First Edition Mach-E, Carbonized Grey #10004515, GT Mach-E, White # 10006557
19 Posts
There is a support line for MME owners?

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts
There is a support line for MME owners?
Welcome to the Club, @KCC12

Thy logging in using this link. Hopefully, your order will be correct:
https://sso.ci.ford.com/authsvc/mtfim/sps/
If not, give a call to Ford Marketing at: 1-800-334-4375.
Listen to the menu, there was an option for MMe and/or online orders. If not, just ask the operator.

best of luck!

Reactions: MCM

·
Registered
10 Posts
If this was an October order with no prior reservation, the car is unlikely to be delivered before April and will probably be delivered Summer 2021.
I ordered October 12th with no prior reservation and the dealer told me January or February 2021 (with an infinitesimal chance of December 2020). He says he’s ordered a lot of cars and said this car, though high in demand, will be delivered approximately 2-4 weeks after its produced during those months. My order number is 3255 which seems low so I tend to believe him. At least I hope he’s right because summer is a LONG TIME away!!!

I also called Ford Marketing yesterday and the woman who took my call put me on hold for a long time and when she came back she said I’d hear something very soon from Ford directly as to when it will be produced but she couldn’t say anything now. I heard October 26h is when they’ll start notifying people but again, I could be wrong.

Reactions: MCM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered October 12th with no prior reservation and the dealer told me January or February 2021 (with an infinitesimal chance of December 2020). He says he’s ordered a lot of cars and said this car, though high in demand, will be delivered approximately 2-4 weeks after its produced during those months. My order number is 3255 which seems low so I tend to believe him. At least I hope he’s right because summer is a LONG TIME away!!!

I also called Ford Marketing yesterday and the woman who took my call put me on hold for a long time and when she came back she said I’d hear something very soon from Ford directly as to when it will be produced but she couldn’t say anything now. I heard October 26h is when they’ll start notifying people but again, I could be wrong.
Thanks your reply makes me feel a little better about the process.

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts

Order number doesn’t really count for much, I ordered June 29, and my order number is in the 5900’s.
FEs first, then reservation holders, then by order date. Slight variations based on part availability.
We will keep each other informed of the progress. I look forward to our first member taking delivery!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Ford rep told my dealer today that I should expect my Mach e late January/early February. Not as dire as some of the other posts stating a summer delivery

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,008 Posts

We'll see but I recommend you not get your hopes up. There are thousands of folks in the US and Canada who reserved theirs last November and January, then converted in June/July and are ahead of you in line. Then there are all the cars they are building for Europe.

I doubt any direct orders from October will arrive before April and will probably be more like summer 2021.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts