Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had said my car is haunted before and it still is. Now the front door won't open at times even if I try to unlock it through the FordPass app. But, the back door will, so I open the back door and then the front door is now able to open. The last time I could not get the back door closed until I started the car and turned it off again, then I was able to close the back door. A few weeks ago I opened the back drivers side door and the rear door opened at the same time.

I also had the parking brake set automatically on me when I tried to move it to park better. I could not disengage the parking brake, it would reset itself. I closed the car and walked away to go eat dinner, came back and the car worked normally and I was able to pull out.

I have very little confidence in the operation of my car on long trips now. I used to love it but these compounding problems are frustrating and erode my confidence in this car. Ford did call me to schedule an appointment for the charging door (it opened up while driving on a freeway) and the PaaK. I hope they are able to perform a complete exorcism on it and the poltergeist will be gone for good.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had said my car is haunted before and it still is. Now the front door won't open at times even if I try to unlock it through the FordPass app. But, the back door will, so I open the back door and then the front door is now able to open. The last time I could not get the back door closed until I started the car and turned it off again, then I was able to close the back door. A few weeks ago I opened the back drivers side door and the rear door opened at the same time.

I also had the parking brake set automatically on me when I tried to move it to park better. I could not disengage the parking brake, it would reset itself. I closed the car and walked away to go eat dinner, came back and the car worked normally and I was able to pull out.

I have very little confidence in the operation of my car on long trips now. I used to love it but these compounding problems are frustrating and erode my confidence in this car. Ford did call me to schedule an appointment for the charging door (it opened up while driving on a freeway) and the PaaK. I hope they are able to perform a complete exorcism on it and the poltergeist will be gone for good.
Wayne, what software version are you at. I had similar issues with PaaK when I was stuck at v1.7.1 but since then a changed APIM module, and manual updates at the dealership fixed it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wayne, what software version are you at. I had similar issues with PaaK when I was stuck at v1.7.1 but since then a changed APIM module, and manual updates at the dealership fixed it.
I am not sure the version, I am supposed to get full updates. I had Blue Cruise so that got updated a while back. I will be taking it in to the dealer so I hope these issues will be fixed.

Wayne

·
Registered
33 Posts

I think my car is haunted too. Every time it goes to service department, the ghost gets upset…

·
Official Representative
93 Posts

Hi there! Are you still experiencing these issues? If so, send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location. I'd like to look into these concerns for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts