Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: Morons Leave Driver Seat Empty, Let Tesla Autopilot Drive So They Can Keep Drinking In the Car Morons Leave Driver Seat Empty, Let Tesla Autopilot Drive So They Can Keep Drinking In the Car

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
O. M. G. - There should be a clause in the EULA of AutoPilot and FSD that says the function can be revoked for abusing its function.

Call it the Moron clause.

And their license should be penalized for drinking and driving.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O. M. G. - There should be a clause in the EULA of AutoPilot and FSD that says the function can be revoked for abusing its function.

Call it the Moron clause.

And their license should be penalized for drinking and driving.
The pity is that at the speed the car was traveling, if it struck another vehicle the injuries or death would be to the person(s) in the front seat of the other vehicle, while these morons were in the back seat. As an aside, I thought that the 'driver' had to have contact with the steering wheel every so many seconds/minutes?

·
Registered
331 Posts
The pity is that at the speed the car was traveling, if it struck another vehicle the injuries or death would be to the person(s) in the front seat of the other vehicle, while these morons were in the back seat. As an aside, I thought that the 'driver' had to have contact with the steering wheel every so many seconds/minutes?
Sadly, Autopilot can be tricked with a small weight attached to the steering wheel and sufficient weight on the seat cushion. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/autopilot-steering-wheel-hack.108331/

Tesla doesn't offer gaze or face based driver attention monitoring in any of its vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly, Autopilot can be tricked with a small weight attached to the steering wheel and sufficient weight on the seat cushion. Autopilot steering wheel hack

Tesla doesn't offer gaze or face based driver attention monitoring in any of its vehicles.
Thanks, these dimwits probably used the case of beer as the front seat weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts