Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of these days the world will realize how great a car the Mach-E is and then orders will pour in and it will be quickly sold out for quite some time.

However, if the tipping point is actually a tripping point due to car delivery issues such as what happened with the Ford Explorer, then there will be problems for everyone.

I am betting on a great introduction. Let’s get ready!

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
Ford experienced many problems trying to retrofit one of their oldest US plants for the new Explorer. The US plant workers had to be trained off-site, the plant lacked the physical space to fluidly adjust the line easily to the new build, costing over one billion to retool. There were additional issues with components as well. Space limitations prevented the vehicles from being properly road-tested. The delays made the plant go into production right away. All this resulted in issues not being caught on-the-line or immediately following. They had to ship the vehicles to another plant to be made ready for sale.

The lessons learned from the Explorer launch are a big reason why Ford chose to build the Mach E in their idle plant in Mexico. The plant is newer, larger, more flexible for reconfiguration, has the land to build a battery manufacturing facility, workers can be trained hands-on-the-line, etc. Using this infrastructure is how Ford can start to build the Mach-E and be profitable out of the gate.

It will also give Ford the time it needs to retrofit some of their other US plants for electrification for future vehicles (F-150, others to be announced?)

I have a good feeling that things will go right this time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do I...There will be a lot of folks kicking themselves about not ordering a Mach-E.
I just called a local Ford dealer and spoke to the receptionist to get transferred to their sales department.
She had not heard of the Mach-E. So sad...if you get a Ford paycheck, then you need to learn what great things Ford is doing and spread the word. It could help keep your job in a downturn.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I, for one, feel safe(r) in the thought Ford decided to create a First Edition for the Mustang Mach E.

I'm hoping that any problems that won't have been ironed out until they finish building the demo units will be ironed out after they finish building the First Edition models. So when they start building my (European) AWD model, hopefully everything will be perfect :LOL:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts