Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am so confused not sure what to do. Have not put in Mach-E classified as I am torn. Love the car- have driven it to Atlanta and Toronto. Wife and son do not want me to sell it, while I am torn.

I have a Mach E CA Rt 1, with no issues, Bluecruise etc all works, have 8 yr/100K Ford Transferable warranty, Spare tire, and snow tires that I mount on and off in winter. What should I expect to get as the warranty and tires are itself worth $3000 extras.

And in other things, is switching to Model Y worth it. I have heard scary stories about Tesla so am I even sane to do the switch.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am so confused not sure what to do. Have not put in Mach-E classified as I am torn. Love the car- have driven it to Atlanta and Toronto. Wife and son do not want me to sell it, while I am torn.

I have a Mach E CA Rt 1, with no issues, Bluecruise etc all works, have 8 yr/100K Ford Transferable warranty, Spare tire, and snow tires that I mount on and off in winter. What should I expect to get as the warranty and tires are itself worth $3000 extras.

And in other things, is switching to Model Y worth it. I have heard scary stories about Tesla so am I even sane to do the switch.
OK do not know how to delete this conv. but I have decieded to keep the Mach-E and maybe sell the Model Y. I just cannot make the family unhappy, and yes I have grown to love it a lot over the past year. It is a great car.

·
Registered
"Shadowfax" 2021 Star White Select AWD
145 Posts
I don't think you need to delete this conversation with your inner monologue. Never driven a Tesla, but I don't have any significant complaints with my mach E that are worth looking outside of our relationship.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla MY, 2017 Volt, Mach e Premium 11/5/22
189 Posts
We have a 2021 MY and will be adding the Mach e Premium as our second EV and selling our 2017 Chevy Volt. Should be getting the Mach e sometime around the end of October.

I'm not sure you could flip the MY and break even or make a profit. Their delivery times have been dropping of late.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
We have a 2021 MY and will be adding the Mach e Premium as our second EV and selling our 2017 Chevy Volt. Should be getting the Mach e sometime around the end of October.

I'm not sure you could flip the MY and break even or make a profit. Their delivery times have been dropping of late.

Remember the cost of tax and registration when you try to flip. That could eat up a great deal of the potential profit.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Good point. Here in NY we 8% pay sales tax at the time of purchase typically. There might be loopholes if we don't register it though.
I believe in NY only a dealer can sell a car that is not registered: The dealer then collects the sales tax when the car is sold.

To sell a car you need title and that is a sale.

BTW, where I live in Nassau County the sales tax is not 8% but 8.625%!

·
Registered
"Shadowfax" 2021 Star White Select AWD
145 Posts
I thought the sales tax was tied to registration and separate from the title, I have no idea. I should ask my kid, he worked at a car dealer doing car registrations for a while.

I live near Syracuse, of which is in a different state than Long Island ;-)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought the sales tax was tied to registration and separate from the title, I have no idea. I should ask my kid, he worked at a car dealer doing car registrations for a while.

I live near Syracuse, of which is in a different state than Long Island ;-)
Long Island is itself a state ... That was funny.

Yes Ses Tax is accesses usually when one registers the car. Dealers charge and pay to registration auth but for NJ it is Zero Sales tax

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK do not know how to delete this conv. but I have decieded to keep the Mach-E and maybe sell the Model Y. I just cannot make the family unhappy, and yes I have grown to love it a lot over the past year. It is a great car.
If everyone likes the Mustang then selling a Model Y should bring in big bucks. Most 2021 Teslas sell for more than a 2022 because of the wait time. A lifetime of pizzas on the profit.
Good for you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If everyone likes the Mustang then selling a Model Y should bring in big bucks. Most 2021 Teslas sell for more than a 2022 because of the wait time. A lifetime of pizzas on the profit.
Good for you.
Never got the Model Y, had some issues so left it. Tesla was acting SMRT with me, so I gave them the finger, yes they won but they also lost me - we have imposed a self imposed lifetime ban on Tesla in the family. Sorry son.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts