Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you desire less contrast between the Mach-E's body and trim/lighting assembly/wheels, etc. then Carbonized Grey will be a great option:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have to admit this does look much better than I would've thought. I think Ford is going to sell at lot of Carbonized Grey Mach-Es

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry to jerk, but that may look great on the showroom floor all shiny and lit well, but it just reminds me too much of my dad's 1978 granada. By the time I got it the paint had faded and I hated the silver every time i looked at it - it was just too bland for my taste.

I just like shades of deep (actual) color, so sue me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have to admit this does look much better than I would've thought. I think Ford is going to sell at lot of Carbonized Grey Mach-Es
Of course it will because it is the best looking color on the Mach E, even if it's much more subtle than some of the other options.

It's already the most booked color for the First Edition based on Ford's released stats, even though it's not even a color exclusive to the first edition like the Grabber Blue is. I mean, people have a reason to pick the other colors (exclusivity) and still most picked the Grey.

Sorry to jerk, but that may look great on the showroom floor all shiny and lit well, but it just reminds me too much of my dad's 1978 granada. By the time I got it the paint had faded and I hated the silver every time i looked at it - it was just too bland for my taste.

I just like shades of deep (actual) color, so sue me.
I don't think this color has/will have anything to do with the traditional "silver" color we saw in cars in the previous decades. It's much deeper.
As for fading, I don't know, is this something you expect to happen to the Mach E; I haven't owned a Ford before but if this happens let me know so I don't buy one ;)
Unless you mean 15 years or so down the line.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fading paint is the fault of the owner for not properly maintaining the paint which is the case for A LOT of people. The average person just doesn't know.

From experience, I KNOW this is prevented by...
  1. getting paint protection done
  2. following that up with proper washing methods
  3. some frequency of assessments of the paints condition
  4. avoiding stuff that contributes to less than new looking paint (like parking out in the sun for too long)
If you can afford a Mach-E, you can afford to pay a good detailer to do everything I mentioned.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fading paint is the fault of the owner for not properly maintaining the paint which is the case for A LOT of people. The average person just doesn't know.

4. avoiding stuff that contributes to less than new looking paint (like parking out in the sun for too long)
If you can afford a Mach-E, you can afford to pay a good detailer to do everything I mentioned.
Oh, it was definitely from being parked in the sun all the time and infrequently being washed/waxed :) .

·
Registered
240 Posts

Regularly washing/waxing your car can go a long way, It's remarkable how many people don't realize it or don't care.

·
Registered
9 Posts
factory cars are painted in single stage coats (color/clear) in one shot. So that thin layer of clear is the only protection you have.
my black GT/CS lives outside in the California sun 24/7 and it’s still near pristine. All because of the above mentioned suggestions. Wax is your friend

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
factory cars are painted in single stage coats (color/clear) in one shot. So that thin layer of clear is the only protection you have.
my black GT/CS lives outside in the California sun 24/7 and it’s still near pristine. All because of the above mentioned suggestions. Wax is your friend
Wax is great but can be short-lived, still a great option as its easy to come by, cheap, can be applied by anyone (ceramic coatings and vinyl wraps aren't anywhere near as forgiving nor easy to apply)... but it has to be said, more advanced coatings are necessary.

Here's the best-case scenario any new car owner should go through:

On that note, we really should discuss first steps like these to take with our Mach-E's.

more:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts