Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its just an idea for now, but one that makes a lot of sense for Chevrolet from a business perspective, to rival the Mach-E and other electric SUV's that will join the segment.

"General Motors is currently carrying out its own electric-vehicle strategy, and we don't know if a direct competitor to the Mustang Mach-E is in the cards. But GM does have a flexible EV platform due in 2021 that is set to underpin at least nine different vehicles, with the first being a Cadillac SUV. If GM wanted to follow Ford's lead and leverage the Camaro's name and looks for a sporty electric crossover of its own, it might look something like these renderings.

The Camaro's styling translates about as well as you'd expect to a tall, high-riding SUV body style—after all, the current-generation Blazer draws liberally from the bowtie-wearing pony car—but does our fantasy Camaro E-SUV look any worse than the real Mustang Mach-E? We think that's up for debate. The sloping "coupe-like" roofline made popular by the BMW X6 and others would likely be a requirement, as would a narrow (for an SUV) greenhouse opening. Also, some semblance of muscular rear haunches would be a must if the car is to trade on the Camaro name. What might Chevy call such a product? All we can do is speculate, but we think Camaro E/28 has a nice ring.

Not much is known about GM's next-gen electric powertrains, but we'd expect a Chevy Camaro electric SUV to at least match the 255 horsepower Ford is targeting for the base Mustang Mach-E. For higher-trim variants, Chevy would likely have to adopt a dual-motor all-wheel-drive setup to stay competitive with the 332-hp, 417-lb-ft Mach-E 4 and 459-hp, 612-lb-ft Mach-E GT."

Where the tides will really turn for me is if it also gets a bit C8 Corvette-esque ;)

·
Registered
561 Posts
It would be interesting if Chevy actually used the Camaro name on this, it would either be that or some variation of the Blazer/Trailblazer name.

If they used this styling it would be a very good looking crossover. Though I'd be very hesitant about a GM electric vehicle.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be interesting if Chevy actually used the Camaro name on this, it would either be that or some variation of the Blazer/Trailblazer name.

If they used this styling it would be a very good looking crossover. Though I'd be very hesitant about a GM electric vehicle.
Like Mustang, the Camaro name has a lot of life left in it and would do Chevrolet no harm to proceed with this idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've read on Camaro 6 that the last year for the Camaro is 2023. Then the Camaro will come back in 2025 as an all electric vehicle. These are 'rumors' that some people believe and some people don't :).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Since the Bolt, Chevrolet didn't do or reveal any new electric models and they cancel the Volt, they are far away of the market! Maybe they will arrive with a surprise as Ford! We never know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts