Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide what PGE rate plan that is best for charging at home. Also how much did you see your PGE go up when you started charging? What time of day do you charge? Any tips and tricks to keep costs down is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 BMW i3 Base, 2021 Mach-E4x - Infinite Blue (ordered)
20 Posts
Yeah, I'm trying to decide the same for So. Cal. Edison. I haven't switched to the time-of-use plan yet for two reasons: 1. Although I can avoid charging the car during the peak period, I can't control when the other people in the house use the laundry, oven, etc. So I'm not sure I would save money. 2. They don't allow me to switch back right away if I'm not saving money. I think I would have to wait until next year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am trying to decide what PGE rate plan that is best for charging at home. Also how much did you see your PGE go up when you started charging? What time of day do you charge? Any tips and tricks to keep costs down is much appreciated. Thanks.
I would get a bucket and put all of the money you paid for gas monthly and take out at the end of the moth how much your PG&E bill went up by. At the end of a year take what is left in the bucket and go on vacation. (sarcasm intended)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would get a bucket and put all of the money you paid for gas monthly and take out at the end of the moth how much your PG&E bill went up by. At the end of a year take what is left in the bucket and go on vacation. (sarcasm intended)
Sadly...at the end of the year, take what is in the bucket and pay for the increased insurance and license fee. But it's all for a good cause...and a lot of fun too.

Reactions: Mburtsvt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sadly...at the end of the year, take what is in the bucket and pay for the increased insurance and license fee. But it's all for a good cause...and a lot of fun too.
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the good info. I was quoted $531 per 6 months for auto insurance. Does that sound accurate (I'm in Orange County)? Thanks. PS - I'm getting Infinite Blue as well!

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's waaay less than USAA quoted me. What company is that from? Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Broker works mostly with Mercury Insurance. I just sent them a note to clarify the premium. We also have Homeowners and another car with them, plus other benefits, but I did send them a note to clarify. I'll let you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Broker works mostly with Mercury Insurance. I just sent them a note to clarify the premium. We also have Homeowners and another car with them, plus other benefits, but I did send them a note to clarify. I'll let you know. Thanks.
Hi - just following back up. They did say that quote still stands, however, I don't have my car yet, so I won't know 100% until I finalize the policy. I can give you my broker's info if you want it!

·
Registered
288 Posts
we were longtime USAA policy holders for EVERYTHING gradually over the years USAA stopped being remotely competitive especially in auto but also home insurance. Dropped them a few years ago for Geico and saved about a third. I'm curious as to cost of the Mach E insurance. I can't see why the premiums would be significantly higher over another car of comparable price.

Reactions: ScottH
1 - 10 of 10 Posts