Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
I generally like his content but he missed the door safety feature as well then walked it back on the comments. Lazy journalists.
I assume he will have a test-drive video coming out. Hopefully, he will make corrections then.
Interesting note on how Ford allows for cold-weather charging.

·
Registered
Currently: 2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mach E AWD ER ; Previously: 2009 Ford Focus.
193 Posts
Yeah, also, I am pretty sure the buttons are heated for when the doors ice over

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Yeah, also, I am pretty sure the buttons are heated for when the doors ice over
Darren Palmer has said the system was tested to -40c, including icing the doors shut.

·
Registered
Currently: 2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mach E AWD ER ; Previously: 2009 Ford Focus.
193 Posts
I am more curious how the system will handle hot summers. Since it gets hot here. I am surprised it doesn't have cooled seats and cooled steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
I am more curious how the system will handle hot summers. Since it gets hot here. I am surprised it doesn't have cooled seats and cooled steering wheel.
I guess they need to leave something to upgrade in future model years 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,775 Posts
I have heated steering wheels on all my cars and heated and cooled seats on my Edge.

I have never seen a cooled steering wheel and doubt that it could be done.

Heating a steering wheel only requires a wire with resistance. Cooling requires plumbing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts