Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone knows if Ford has annonce the towing capacity of the mach e... Tesla model X has a 5000 pounds.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
994 Posts
Possible but very different standards in US and Europe. It's more likely it will be lower in the US.

Here's a video someone posted on the Mach E Forum about why they are so different. Much of it relates to towing speeds but also just differences in standards. Get ready to geek out on towing:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Possible but very different standards in US and Europe. It's more likely it will be lower in the US.

Here's a video someone posted on the Mach E Forum about why they are so different. Much of it relates to towing speeds but also just differences in standards. Get ready to geek out on towing:
I didn't realize how different the standards are. But I would imagine Ford kept that in mind with the Mach-E.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
994 Posts
I didn't realize how different the standards are. But I would imagine Ford kept that in mind with the Mach-E.
No doubt. The question is if Ford will even rate it for towing and provide a tow hitch option in the US. At least one source has said towing would only be an option in Europe.

·
Registered
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable
12 Posts
L soucis c'est que même en Europe nous n'en savons pas plus à ce sujet , comme beaucoup d'autres d'ailleurs. Que ce soit Ford France où mon concessionnaire, ils font la sourde oreille. Si ça continue je vais finir par annuler ma réservation et aller voir chez Tesla ou Jaguar

·
Registered
Ordered First Edition MME in Rapid Red
23 Posts
L soucis c'est que même en Europe nous n'en savons pas plus à ce sujet , comme beaucoup d'autres d'ailleurs. Que ce soit Ford France où mon concessionnaire, ils font la sourde oreille. Si ça continue je vais finir par annuler ma réservation et aller voir chez Tesla ou Jaguar
The worry is that even in Europe we don't know more about it, like many others. Whether it is Ford France or my dealership, they are turning a deaf ear. If this continues I will end up canceling my reservation and go see Tesla or Jaguar

·
Registered
88 Posts
If anybody watched the Ford webinar videos, I noticed in the design question that someone asked if there will be an option for a hitch, to which the moderator replied yes there will be an option for a hitch for a bicycle rack, etc... Pricing left up to dealer, but yes there will be a hitch according to Ford.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If anybody watched the Ford webinar videos, I noticed in the design question that someone asked if there will be an option for a hitch, to which the moderator replied yes there will be an option for a hitch for a bicycle rack, etc... Pricing left up to dealer, but yes there will be a hitch according to Ford.
I thought he said he expected the aftermarket to offer solutions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for this information. I'm currently checking towing equipment and parts at 4WheelOnline. At least I have a good idea which I should get to tow a small trailer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts