Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok, I have had my receiver on for over a month now, and I like it. However I have a Thule Hitch mounted tray rack and when I have it in the stow away position it is extremely close to the tailgate. I actually have to move the trays around for it to clear. But it works. I then tried a older Hollywood tray rack that holds 3 bikes and in the stowaway position it actually hit my tailgate, even nicked the paint, only way to use it is to not push the rack all the way back, which works but leaves the rack not quite as stable. Then today I tried a One up tray rack which is probably the best tray rack on the market, and even in the position farthest away from the car in the folded up position it hits the lack part of the bumper and if I was to run it in that position it would definitely scratch the bumper. The issue is that they did not place the reciever far enough out when they made it. One inch farther back would still look the same and still be very hidden but it would clear most racks. I did call them but they did not seem very interested. So if you are going to get one make sure the bike rack you are using will work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, I have had my receiver on for over a month now, and I like it. However I have a Thule Hitch mounted tray rack and when I have it in the stow away position it is extremely close to the tailgate. I actually have to move the trays around for it to clear. But it works. I then tried a older Hollywood tray rack that holds 3 bikes and in the stowaway position it actually hit my tailgate, even nicked the paint, only way to use it is to not push the rack all the way back, which works but leaves the rack not quite as stable. Then today I tried a One up tray rack which is probably the best tray rack on the market, and even in the position farthest away from the car in the folded up position it hits the lack part of the bumper and if I was to run it in that position it would definitely scratch the bumper. The issue is that they did not place the reciever far enough out when they made it. One inch farther back would still look the same and still be very hidden but it would clear most racks. I did call them but they did not seem very interested. So if you are going to get one make sure the bike rack you are using will work.
Thanks for the great advice. Much appreciated as I start to look at my hitch install. I have a Hollywood rack and I also have a hitch extender that I can use to solve this problem.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,854 Posts
Thanks for the great advice. Much appreciated as I start to look at my hitch install. I have a Hollywood rack and I also have a hitch extender that I can use to solve this problem.
Would a hitch extender have solved this problem?

We are not talking about a great deal of weight unless the bikes are e bikes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine are Ebikes, but yes a hitch extender would solve it, but maybe too much, the hitch extender will push it out like 5 inches and all you really need is 1/2 to 1 inch. My point was that hopefully the company would fix it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine are Ebikes, but yes a hitch extender would solve it, but maybe too much, the hitch extender will push it out like 5 inches and all you really need is 1/2 to 1 inch. My point was that hopefully the company would fix it

My Pivot Shuttle with a Kuat rack & Torklift hitch.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts